Friday Problems

The Freak Geeks stayed the night which was understandable. I was a bit surprised that Mom and Dad had not come to visit me and neither did Vincent and April. By the way I am back at home, Lolita took me home after I passed out in Raphael's arms. “Gen, Julie can you let me up for a second?” Both girls sat up and rubbed their eyes, the boys stretching as they sat up. “Have you guys seen my parents? I just want them to know that I am ok.” Julie started tearing up again so Genevieve hugged her to calm her down. I looked at the four of them confused but none of them gave me an answer.

“Tech, your parents have decided that it was best that you move away... like to Japan to go to a school for kids like yourself.” Kid’s like me? What like, people who invented things? I was staring at Andrew waiting for him to finish but I think I already knew what he was talking about. “We tried to convince them that it was better for you to stay here with us but they refused to listen.” No, I’m not leaving New York, I don’t care if they have to tie me up and drag me to Japan. I’m not going.

“And you see the sad thing is, is that you are already in Japan. Your old man created holograms so that you would think that you were still at home when we told you.” What? Rushing to my feet I went to the window and looked outside to find that I was really in Japan. Miles away from my friends and all the places that I had grew up around. “We’ll come and visit over winter, spring and summer break.”

When I turned around my four friends were gone and I was left alone in my room in a foreign country. No one was home when I looked around the house, which in their case was a good thing because I would have exploded with anger. It was boring being in the house alone so I took my hairclip from my bangs and took to the skies.

I must say that I was surprised that they even let me keep my hover board, if I wanted I could have gone back home to my Freak Geeks. Why did I not leave? I really didn’t spend a lot of time thinking about why I did not go back to New York, I was still connected to my Freak Geeks but it was not the same as being there with them.

Today as I flew over Tokyo, I did not care who saw me or if the government came after me either. I was riding on the fastest board known to man, so let’s see them catch me. Snapping my fingers the board rose higher as I was teleported to Kyoto. It was beautiful to look down at Japan as a whole and the sight of it made me happy but I really wanted to go back home.

“Stop being a cry baby.” I mumbled to myself, what was one year away from the guys? I mean I grew up with them so it should be fine to spend just one year away from them…Right? “Let’s go back home.” I said more to myself than the board.

-----------------------------------------

The house lights were on when I was in eye distance of it. Sighing I landed the board in front of the house then entered, the family yelled surprise and confetti fell to the floor. How wonderful, a celebration of us moving to a new home. Walking pass them to the stairs, I didn't bother to look up at them because truthfully I was still a bit pissed about leaving without knowing.

I hated parties that my family were not invited to, I hated smiling when I wasn't laughing from the Freak Geeks, I hated school, sleeping, eating, I hated everything when my Freak Geeks were not there. Just one year, I promise to live with these annoying people but for that one year I will show no emotion and I will live as if these incompetent Neanderthals do not exist.

“Tech dinner is ready; would you please come down and eat?” April came to my room, she did not enter but she waited there until I opened the door. It was very true that there was no real reason for me to hate her. I have to say that she had a stroke of bad luck when she met my brother. She took a step back when I flung open the door and waited for her to walk down the hallway. “Oh...you don't have to come and eat with us.” Shaking my head I walked down the stairs to the dinner table where my plate sat across from my brothers.