Request - Derek and Peter Hale and the Pack "Divergent"

"My turn." The older werewolf leaned over the table and stared at the board for a short moment. Eventually he grabbed one of his black pieces and moved it. "You're surprisingly good at this." Peter smiled at you and you smiled back at him.

"I think Derek is a far better player than you are." You raised your eyebrows slightly and you grabbed your white rock to strategically place it a few squares away from his king. "Check." You shrugged your shoulder and Peter frowned his eyebrows.

"That's impossible..." He shook his head and for a long minute he didn't say anything. "Did you just beat me?"

"If you can't remove your king, which you can't, and can't block my rock, which you can't, I think I have indeed beaten you." You cocked your head slightly and grinned, realizing all too well that Peter wasn't exactly the loser type.

"Next time Derek brings someone home, I'll have to ask him to at least fall for someone less smart." He wanted to replace the pieces to start again when the doorbell rang. "Wait a second, I'll be right back." He stood up from his seat and one moment later he came back, followed by a bunch of teenagers you had never seen before.

"Are you sure this is Derek's girlfriend?" A strawberry blonde girl let her eyes wander over your entire body. "She doesn't look like his usual type."

"I know, she just beat me while playing chess." Peter sat down in his couch again and without giving the teenagers another moment of attention he put the pieces on the chess board back in their original position.

"Peter, who are they?" You cocked your head and raised your eyebrows slightly. Even though you and Derek had been dating for a few months already, you had not had the impression he had many friends. It seemed you had been wrong about that.

"Scott McCall and his pack." Peter didn't even look up from the board. "Typical teenager curiosity." He smiled when he put the white pieces in front of himself.

"What are you doing in my loft?" Derek frowned his eyebrows when he stepped into his full living room.

"O, I've played a game of chess with my best friend." Peter leaned back in the couch and you stared at him for a short moment before you took a deep breath.

"He lost a game of chess against his best friend, he means." You smiled happily and Derek's lips curled up into a small smile too.

"And what about you?" He crossed his arms while he stared at the small wolfpack. "Scott? Lydia? Stiles? Isaac?"

"We've heard you had a new girlfriend and we were actually wondering if she would be a very badass fearless dauntless hunter type of girl again." Stiles shrugged his shoulders and Derek raised his eyebrows.

"And, is she?" He crossed his arms over his chest and his eyes met yours for a brief second. He knew you weren't, but he had assured you that it didn't matter.

"No, she looks different." Scott hesitated for a moment before he smiled. "Better, actually."

Derek shook his head and Peter hissed between his teeth. "Teenagers..."