In for The Ride

Prologue

All my life I've pictured that one perfect moment in my life, where I got to stand infront of the person whom I love, and declare my love for him. To say 'I do', and kiss him at the end of the ceremony, knowing that your willing to be with him for the rest of your life. Through sickness and in health. Until Death Due Us Apart. I wasn't crazy about getting married as soon as possible though. I was just crazy with the idea of getting married to my soul mate, when the time was right.

I've always sat and wondered as I looked outside my window, staring off into the setting sun over my family's lake, where this mysterious and wonderful life would take me. Would I be a model? Mmm, maybe not, im not that skinny. Would I be a teacher? Maybe, I love baby-sitting for my neighbors. Would I be a stay home wife? I hope not, I couldn't just sit around at home doing nothing. So what was I meant to do? That was always my number one question. What's it like for me in the future?

I can be 100 percent honest with anyone who now asked me if I saw myself being who I was now, a woman marrying a man for a bribe. I would answer honestly with a no. I can also be 100 percent honest that I had no idea what I should do.

Me, the love sick girl who grew up watching fairy tale movies. The girl who believes that her prince charming will ride on a horse and save her from her second story high room. The girl who had never kissed a boy all through school years. It was me, Kimberly Lewis, who was about to get married to a guy who didn't love me, who didn't even know anything of me, who had made me his as quickly as you can say never.

My heart thudded hard against my chest as I picked up the long puffy white dress, and with effort dragged my feet to stand infront of the mirror. I couldn't deny, the dress was beautiful. It was my dream dress! The hair stylist did an amazing job with my long wavy brunette hair, pushing it up into a bun. And my make up was very well placed on my face. Not too much, but just enough to keep it close to natural. I was glowing.

I looked down at my hands. My left hand was holding my engagement ring that Jessy Knight had bought me. Around 15 carats, shaped into a heart, and a light baby blue colored diamond. His family was beyond rich, so was he, and he had been presured to design my own personal ring. I loved it. My dream ring. But again, it felt wrong.

I looked over to my right hand. It was holding a letter. A farewell letter. The envolope read, Dear Jessy.... If I wasn't going to come foward with marrying him, I had to explain to him the reason why. After all, it was the least I could do after all of what we had been through. Who knew that getting drunk one night, could lead to something huge like this. Not me.

I was stuck between my left hand and my right. I had to decide fast. The ceremony was about to begin. My wedding was about to start. I glanced up at the clock, only ten more minutes to make my final decision.

"Honey? It's time." My dad's voice came from behind my closed door.

I guess the clock lied to me. It was limited to the amount of seconds. But it was alright. I had made my decision.

I glanced once more to the beautiful woman on the mirror, accepting that I would probably never look this great, ever in my life, and with both hands picked up my dress and with less heaviness in my feet, I walked to the door. I let out a big breath.

"You can do this Kimberly." I whispered to myself, trying to build up the courage.

Ring on finger, letter on hand, I opened the door and faced my father. He was dumbstruck, and confused, wondering if it was really me. He looked me up and down, and I could tell he was about to cry.

"Dad..." I cautioned. He had promised me earlier that he wouldn't cry.

"Im sorry, you're right." He snifled, and took out an extra hankerchief to blow his nose. I couldn't help but smile at my dad. He smiled back.

"Dad, im scared." I admited.

"Me too." He stiffled a low chuckle, then held out his right arm for me to place my hand in between the gap. I took it. "Are you ready?"

"Yes." I whispered.

"Sweetheart, are you positive?" He could detect my weakness in my voice.

I drew in more air, stood up straighter than I was, held my chin up high, and let my lips curl up into a smile. "Absolutedly."