Chapter 2; Bring it on

*Kimberly's POV*

"You do not know how grateful I am right now." I said as I sat in the passenger's seat of Katie's car. We were all dolled up, makeup done, hair done. All we needed to do left was drive to the coolest club in town, and we were all good. Which wasn't too hard to find here in L.A.

"Your welcome." Katie grinned for a second, then I saw her frown. "I can't believe Daniel would do that to you. You! I mean, he was one of the cutest guys in school, and he only liked you. Is he stupid?"

I let out a humorless chuckle. "I guess he is. But I don't care." I lied. "Tonight we have to have fun. Im going to forget about him as soon as possible."

"Ohh, girl! First night from the breakup, and you already want to move on?!" She turned right.

"Well, yeah! We weren't exactly happy the last couple of months. The only thing that we would do together is, well, you know..."

"Sex?" Katie offered.

"No! Maybe... Who knows!" I laughed. "I was going to say our communication. Well, if we even had any."

"Look, what matters is that you are not going to sob around for a guy who cheated on you,"

"That I love." I added.

"Loved!" She corrected. "You have to think in the past, because hunny, he's definitely not your future."

I couldn't help but realize that what Katie had been saying was true. He was no more going to be in my life. He was out, and he was the past. I didn't want to cry for him, especially when he fooled me. But I did love him, and we did spend really special moments together that I could never forget. I could probably never love again.

"Good things will come when you least expect them to. Just keep that in mind." Katie said, but it felt like I heard it from a distance. Daniel's face was the only thing that was clouding my mind.

I shook my head, trying to shake him out too, and notice that the club was only a block away. I've only gone there once, to My Studio, with Daniel and a couple more of our childhood friends, and I hope it wouldn't bring too many memories, and prayed that at least for tonight I could forget about my heartache.

"Hey, how about you park over there," I pointed to a spot. "We can just walk up the street."

"Alright." Katie turned left and then parked the car. We got out, and instantly three guys popped out of nowhere.

"Well hello there cuties!" One of the three, I couldn't really see his face, said as they reached us.

"Fuck off." Katie turned around and scowled at them. I wanted to laugh, but I think it would send the guys the wrong message.

"Woah, woah, woah." Another guy, with a higher pitch than the last spoke up from behind. "We got a fiesty one!"