Bleu de France

"You're out of shape, Faulkerson."

The sight of her - perched on the side of the pool like it was her throne and her full lips pulled into a gauding smile - greeted him as he broke through the surface panting like he just swam through the Sahara desert instead of an indoor pool.

How does she still look like a gosh darned mermaid when I feel like a drowned cat?
A pretty, pretty mermaid making fun of my weak ass human lungs.
Feeling ko talaga may hasang 'to eh.

He braced himself on the pool's edge flailing his fin adorned legs - which felt like they were about to just fall off from all the kicking he just did - and ended up looking like a useless magikarp.

Great. Kakabalik lang niya and all she would see is that clumsy twelve-year-old she left behind. Good job, Faulkerson.

"I don't have fish lungs, okay?" He said through gritted teeth as he forcefully removed the offending contraption. "I am not used to having a fish tail attached to my human legs. You don't get to laugh at me, nymph."

Like what is expected, that just made her laugh more. He sounded like a five year old complaining how hard his life was because he did not get his sweets after dinner.

How is it fair that she looked adorable even though she sounded like she was having an asthma attack?

"Have you not been doing your cardio exercises?" She asked, raising her eyebrows.
The water rippled down her legs as she dramtically lifted her 'tail' and swiftly slapped it against the water - splashing the gumbling boy beside her.

"Well you weren't here to keep me in shape."

Jeez, RJ. Can you sound more needy, I think she did not notice.

"I'm not your nanny, Soldatino." she said, rolling her eyes as she removed the fin from her legs.

Soldatino?! Little soldier. There is NOTHING little about me anymore.

"Nobody said you were, Princess. Welcome back, Nicomaine." he said as he offered his hand to help her stand up.

Look at me tower over you do I look li- okay whoa. Easy on those eyes, lady. Sweet baby Jesus.
Calm down, errant heart. She'll hear you banging on my ribcage. Hush.

"Glad to be kicking your bum again, Richard." she took his hand and pulled herself up.

Ay wait. W A I T . Nicomaine, not so close. Jusko, dinibdiban ako maawa ka sa puso ko, Meng. Hoy!

She gave him a smirk before pushing him back into the pool.
And if you ask him how a tiny girl managed to push his 5"11 ass back into the water, he would lie and tell you he slipped.

A/N: Hello, Loves.
I have been a bad author, no?
Tagal ko mag update.
But but but!! That's only because I have been very busy with real life. Walang time mga beshies at walang inspirasyon.
But here I am because this prompt just won't stop bothering me so I had to write it.
Please comment about how you feel about this short stuff and I'll see you over at twitter (@bonnieradm).
💛, Ro