Blue Mist

"So, Nicomaine. Why are you home early? Akala ko ba two years pa?" He said in between bites of twin popsies as they walked home from the Centre.

"Naisip ko kasi baka miss mo na ko." she said nonchalantly around a mouthful of her half of the frozen treat.

Nakoooo Nicomaine. Wag ako baka maniwala ako sa'yo.

"Sira! Yung maayos na sagot kasi." He said as he bumped her with his hip.

She laughed, flicking his nose with her newly - licked - cleaned popsicle stick.

"Ang kadiri mo!!" He swiped at her hand. "Namamahid ka ng laway, nagtoothbrush ka ba? Ambaho."

Utut mu, RJ. Nandidiri ka ba talaga? Kinikilig ka nga eh.

"Arte mo." She rolled her eyes and wiped his nose with the sleeve of uer hoodie. "Laway conscious ka na ngayon? Siguro kaya wala ka pa rin girlfriend. Mas maarte ka pa kasi sa kanila."

He smirked, draping his arm across her shoulder, drawing her closer until his face is just centimeters away from hers. "Mendoza, why would I look for a girlfriend when I already have you?"

She looked away, heat radiating off her cheeks. "Gago. I'm not your booty call." She said, her elbow connecting to his well toned stomach.

He smiled, burying his nose against her hair.

Chlorine laced straberries. Hmmmm. Heaven.

"No body said you are, Princess."

"Ang landi mo." she protested quietly but did not make a move to extact herself from his side.

She missed this - him. She missed how she fit against his side, how his scent envelops invades her nostrils, how she feels safe in his then scrawny arms. She missed how she felt reassured just because he was there.
So she made in known by wrapping her arms around his waist as they walked.

"Sa'yo lang naman ako malandi."

"Nako, Pokerson. Pag ako naniwala at umasa ah."

"Umasa ka. Maniwala ka. Hindi ka naman aasa sa wala."

"Tapang mo ah. Pag ikaw narinig ni Tatay..."

"Alam naman na ni Coach."

She pushed him away, her eyes wide, face flushed. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN TATAY KNOWS?!"

Cute cute oh. Pula pula ng mukha ng Menggay.

"I may or may not have bonded with Coach and I may or may not have told him how I felt about you." he said, having the grace to look shy as he fumbled with his fingers.

"Oh my gosh nakakahiya kaaaaa." she flopped down on the pavement, burying her face in her hands.

Ayan ma nagtantrums na ang baby. Hahahahaha. Kung hindi lang ako papataying ni coach, ibinulsa ko na 'to eh.

He crouched in front of her, prying her hands off her red face. "Kinakahiya mo na ko?" He layed in on thick, giving her sad eyes and an exaggeratedly pouted lower lip.

"Mukha kang tanga." she mumbled, her embarassment slowly ebbing.

"Mahal mo pa rin."

"Sino nagsabi?"

"Your eyes never lie to me, Princess."

She covered hus eyes with her hands. "Those chocolate browns are not going to work, Faulkerson."

She stood up and wiped the dust off her pants. "Ihatid mo na ko. Palandi ka ng palandi." she said before stomping away to her house.

And he laughed, his happiness bouncing off the neighborhood, jogging after her.

Someday, Mendoza. You'll let me love you the way you deserve to be loved.

A/N:

Uhm... Surprise?

 Surprise?