Chapter One - Let's Do This!

The birthday party – my party – went on and on, even if Norman had left. Mingus had finally calmed down and joined her mother, Helena to take pictures of the celebrating crowd. Eos was busy walking around and chit-chatting with anyone in the room. And I still was outside with Sean on my side, never letting me go and somehow I was really glad about his hands being wrapped around me, protecting me.

˝Aren't you cold?˝ Sean asked, planting a gentle kiss on my bare upper arm.

˝No, not really. ˝ I answered honestly. I was still fuming by the happening.

How dare Norman to ruin my party? He knew exactly it will hurt me!

I had to admit, if he wanted to really hurt me, he did the best he could do.

That girl was a matter of joke!

But still, his action only made me even sure about my previous decision. The one I made right before breakfast.

˝Sean... I need to ask you something.˝ I started, turning around to face him.

˝Shoot, little dove.˝ He said nicely, smiling at me.

˝Do you remember what you said in Georgia?˝ I asked, being nervous about to bring it up. Looking at him, I could see it hit him in the heart too.

˝Unfortunately, I remember every fucking word.˝ Sean sighed, pulling away a bit. ˝What are you thinking about exactly?˝

˝You said that... After I become adult... I can go wherever I wish to.˝ My mouth suddenly went dry and a lump started to form in my throat.

Think it through! Once you've asked you can't dance back anymore! You can't play with him like a whorish cat!

˝Yes, I remember.˝ Hearing the excitement out of Sean's voice didn't make it any easier to me.

This is the only way...

˝Uhm... You said I might can live with you in L.A....˝ I didn't want to tell any more. I had to see how Sean would react.

But for several minutes he remained silent, making me freak out. I had to lit up on a cigarette and I nearly finished it, when he finally spoke up.

˝You said you don't love me. I mean... Not with love.˝ He stated, making me shudder.

Should I lie to him? It only happened a few days ago, he wouldn't believe me if I'd say I suddenly fell in love with him. And he probably knew about the argument between me and Norman. Seeing him leaving like that may only made him more sure about it.

And I don't want to lie to him anymore. It was enough.

˝I still don't, Sean.˝ I tried to be as gentle, as I just could but I knew it hurt him anyways.

˝So, Reedus and you didn't work out?˝ Sean asked back but there was no venom or sassiness in his voice. He maybe sounded a bit sad...

˝There was nothing to work out. From his side.˝ I admitted bitterly, feeling as my heart pounded once heavily. But only for once.

˝And now you wanna leave everything behind?˝

˝Like exactly what? I have nothing to live for here...˝ I said, putting my cigarette down.

˝Ming would be crushed. And that Greek chick too.˝ Sean had a bit of a disagreement with Eos about our "ruining relationship" which she had been known about for the whole time and he refused to talk to her or even mention her if it wasn't a must.