Chapter V: Boredom Strikes (Part I)

(Hello, everyone! Another chapter of this story for you. Apologies for its late upload and its shortness.

As some of you may know, there has been two typhoons which have made their way to the Philippines, causing havoc and devastation to some of its provinces.

While my family and I were not affected, I felt so sorry for those who were. So I took the time to pray for them. I hope those who are reading this do too.

Anyway, happy reading and hope you enjoy! I have an announcement at the end of this chapter. Watch out for it. ☺)

Rain fell non-stop as Tokiya continued to stare towards the sky. It was impossible for him to go back to sleep after being awakened by the incessant downpour.

He might as well fix himself an early morning snack. On a second thought, he could always ask the servants to do it.

Too bad... That wasn't his style of getting things done. He preferred pulling his own weight whenever he can.

So much for his musings... Social equality was the least of his concerns at the moment. He should be savouring his treats instead.

Where to do so? Somewhere he wouldn't be disturbed. And the mini-garden near the back of the mansion seemed like a perfect choice.

Or not? In an otherwise deserted area was a person relishing his solitude in the early hours of the morning.

"Ohayou (Good morning) Hajime," he said as softly as he could. "Would you care for some tea?" It would be rude of him to partake of it without offering his friend some.

"Ohayou, Toki. Thank you but I have my own," Hajime replied pointing to a tray beside him.

The two of them proceeded to enjoy their tea while listening to the rain.

A soft sigh escaped from Tokiya's lips. Why was he feeling emotional? Calm had already permeated him, yet a hint of restlessness still managed to seep through.

"What's with the long face, Toki?" Just as he predicted. He really couldn't keep much hidden from his friend.

"Just bored out of my mind." Being cooped in one place for too long was enough to drive someone up the wall. He'd been able to roam around Kyoto for a few days already.

Yet it wasn't enough. He still had so much to see and discover.

"I see. Fancy going out later then?" Did he hear Hajime correcly? Even his friend, who usually prefers to stay at home, has seemed to change through the years.

"In this situation?" Tokiya said. "Just in case, where to?" Despite the lousy weather, he was ecstatic to be in another place.

"The rain should have stopped by the time we leave," Hajime replied. "As for your second question, wait and see." He definitely will.

An hour or so passed by for Tokiya, time which was well-spent in with his friend. Finally, it was time for him to go and start his day.

"I'll be taking my leave now," he said, earning a slight nod from Hajime. "See you later"

"Until later, Toki." He could only wish later was now. "By the way, wear your most casual clothing when Ren and I come to fetch you."

If that wasn't an order, he didn't know what was. He didn't mind it, nevertheless; for Tokiya was in the mood to humor his friend. "As you wish."

They were due to leave after several hours. Unlike the usual, Ren was being surly while they were travelling. Even an easy-going person like him can and does get grumpy when tired.

"Pfft... Really?" He couldn't help but chortle when Hajime sought to entertain him by relating the funny antics on how he woke Ren up. "He almost fell down the stairs in a hurry to join us?"

"Yeah. He's hopeless, isn't he?" There was never a dull moment when he was with his friends. He wouldn't have chosen any other people to be with.

"Hey! I can hear you two from over here, you know?" Renji butted in. "It's your fault, Hajime for rushing me to get ready." How typical of Hajime to be somewhat bossy. "I mean three minutes? Come on."

"As if you're not that eager to see Chiaki-san." Who was that? Another of Ren's playmates? Ah well... He was old enough to to know what to do with his life anyway.

"I admit it, and so?" Never the type to sugar coat his words. That was Renji... "If I know, you're also excited to meet Yuki-chan again." Who were these people his friends were talking about?

He needed to be updated with what's going on in his friends' lives soon.

"I-It's not like I said anything like that, Ren." That may be true, but Hajime's reaction said otherwise. "Fine, it's no use trying to hide it from you anyway."

The journey to their intended destination was kept lively by his friends' bantering. Tokiya was thankful that doing so because it kept his mind occupied during the time they were on the road.

"We're here," Hajime said. At last... Tokiya was so distracted that he didn't notice a teahouse which loomed up ahead. "Let's go," he continued.

"Yes. Let us," Tokiya answered pausing the slightest bit to try and take in the sights around him. This was it... He should enjoy his rare chance to let loose and be free.

(Hey guys! I'd like to ask a favor from you. Who among those who are reading this can make a cover for it?

If there are those who are willing, kindly message me. I'd give the details then.

As for the possible payment? I'd be willimg to follow you, vote and comment on your stories -if you happen to also be an author here on Wattpad, and even edit your stories if you like.

Thank you and I hope someone would take up on my offer. 😉)

Next Chapter's Sneak Peek:

Or maybe I can? I just had to find a way to tell Hajme and Renji what I plan to do.