chapter one

The Vamps happen to not be very famous at this time of 2013

Annabelle woke with a start.

She let an exasperated sigh escape her.

The same nightmare, for the sixth time.

With a glance out her window, she sat up and let her feet rest on the marble floor.

She pulled her hair back and tied a carelessly done ponytail, not even fretting over the fact that it was quite messy, something she despised.

She walked over to the door, her hand resting on the cold metal of the door knob.

For some strange reason, she didn't want to step out of her bedroom, which was saying something considering she was very claustrophobic. Very.

Shaking off that thought, she fought back the desire and swung the door open.

The first thing she saw were her siblings racing across the corridor.

She smiled slightly, noticing the jubilant expressions on their faces.

At least some people were happy.

'Annie! Good morning, honey. ' Her mother called from the kitchen, her blonde hair slightly visible from behind a cabinet.

Annabelle grinned slightly, more for her mother's benefit than hers.

She stumbled, and scowled, feeling sure that someone had pulled her ankle.

She looked down.

Strange.

Nothing.

She reached the kitchen and pulled out a chair, sitting down heavily.

'Anna, you look horrible.' Her mother said concernedly.

'Nightmare?'

She nodded.

'It's the same one, mum.'

She picked at the pancakes her mom had made for her and sighed.

' The strange thing is, it is the same nightmare, but he just keeps getting nearer and nearer.'

She was getting quite frightened.

The first time, he had been standing at the opposite side of the room, glaring at her so spitefully it made her cry.

The second time, he was beside the door, and had flashed her a creepy little smile.

The third time, he was standing at the wardrobe, looked her in the eye, and winked.

And he kept getting nearer and nearer.

This time, he was in front of her and had reached for her hand.

That wasn't the nightmare part.

What made it a nightmare were the tortured screams from outside.

That and his appearance.

She had never been one to judge books by their covers but he was horrendous.

He had deep slashes all over his face and blood splattered clothing.

He was also missing a foot.

Not in a disabled kind of way, but a cut off and mangled kind of way.

He had also managed to whisper you're mine in her ear, it freaked her out.

And she was scared that the next time she would dream, he would get her.