Character Bios

If you do not have any work completed or in progress but still wish to participate, fear not! Here is a list of different types of characters for you to write. Use them to match up with your picks from the character list. Though they are arranged, any character can be used for anything.

Protagonist:

Lila. Teenage female. Left scarred from a house fire when she was young, she often keeps to herself at school but spends much of her free time volunteering for her community. With a kind disposition, she is easy to confide in. Extremely family orientated. City Girl.

Seth. Teenage male. Somewhere in the middle of the popularity chain, he mostly keeps to his small circle of friends. He goes fishing with his dad on weekends or goes camping with his buddies. He's a small town boy who's best friend is his dog and who known what hard work is. 

Anna. Young woman in her early twenties who strives to find a place in this world. With no real skills (unlike her extremely talented family members) and no college education, job options are minimal. Moved into a new town to start a new life after her last one went down a dark road. Pretty, but not gorgeous, she easily blends into the crowd. 

Adam. Young man fresh out of college looking to get into journalism. Had to move back home after his father became injured at work. Tries to find a balance between what he desires and what his family needs/expects from him. 

Rachel.  Woman in her mid thirties, who can be quite secretive. She comes from a comfortable background. After losing her husband in a car accident, she moves to a new town. Few people know much about her. Some consider her the crazy lazy who grows a garden, then kills it. 

Jason.  Early to mid thirties. After his college sweetheart/fiancé leaves him for his business partner, he leaves the big city to go back to his roots. 

Antagonist:

Formerly friends with the protagonist, they parted way bitterly after a misunderstanding that was never solved. 

Step sibling who blames the protagonist and their family for their parents marriage ending. 

An ex who can't seem to accept the relationship is over. 

A sibling who always outshines the protagonist.

A neighbor who always meddles and never understands boundaries.

A co-worker who permanently rides a high horse.

A teacher/boss who seems to have it in for the antagonist.

Side Characters:

Cynthia. Late forties to early fifties. She comes from a rich family but lost her inheritance when she became pregnant in college. Now she lives in a small house in a rough neighborhood. Resentful toward her husband and indifferent toward her children. 

Richard. Lives in a small apartment with his fairly new wife and her daughter. Decent job, but gambles away money as quickly as he makes it. Careless and forgetful. 

Marty. Late forties. Long hair and scary looking, but with a very gentle heart. Makes pottery in his basement and sells it out of his farm. An idealist, even when money is low, he's always looking up. Always sees the best in others. 

Kara. Never tells anyone her age and no one has a clue what it could be. Long hair all the way down her back, she is a free spirit who spends most of her life barefoot. Loves to garden and make jewelry. Though considered a bit crazy/eccentric, she's always the one to go to when anyone has a problem. 

Sean. Late teens. Oridary looking, kind hearted and semi-popular. He has come out to his sister, but no one else. Enjoys fixing cars with his father and is trying to get a scholorship for a sport of your choosing. 

*Please let me know if you create a character bio you'd like added to the list.