14. Depressed

School was okay, I guess.

Ric was super nice and he treated me so well. I could see where Stefan came from with the other teachers. They all pick favorites and dont help you at all. Thats what I like about Ric, its not that hes dating my aunt, he is just a nice person.

The end of the day I got home and ran straight to my room. Jeremy was at detention for God knows what and Jenna was at Ric's. Home alone.

Today will be the worst day of my life for years to come. My mother's birthday. I ran to my room and locked myself in. Screaming and crying I couldnt breath. I threw things and went out of my mind. My mascara smeared all down my cheeks. And, it was waterproof. So, I was crying pretty hard.

"WHY!" I scream, crying louder. "MOM I NEED YOU DOWN HERE. ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY." I could barely get the words out. "YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE HERE WITH US." I threw my pillow against the door. "WE ARE SUPPOSED TO GO TO YOUR FAVORITE RESTURAUNT AND OPEN PRESENTS. YOU NEED TO BE HERE." I slowly fell to the floor. I crumbled into a little ball, crying my eyes out. "M-mom. Y-you need to be down here. C-come ba-ack."

I was crying so I hard I fell asleep. Until I was woken up by my door being slammed open. But it was locked before.

I look up startled. I couldnt see who it was because I was blinded by my tears filling up my eyes. I moved to the other side of my room. "No! Go away!" I said.

"Kristen! Its Stefan!" He put his hand on my shoulder. "Honey, whats wrong?" His voice started cracking too.

I pointed to my dresser. A card standing up. I wrote all of her thank you cards years before. Then I write her birthday cards. It said, "Happy Birthday Mom, Thank you."

I wiped my eyes to see a tear roll down Stefan's cheek. He hugged me. I buried my face into his arms.

"I can't l-live like this. N-not every year."

He stroked my hair. Then he pulled away and I was looking right into his beautiful green eyes. He was crying with me.

"I know, Kristen. I know." I looked up at him. "My parents died too. They've been gone for more than 100 years. I go through this every year. My dad was a jerk too. Its life. Stuff like this happens."

"But I d-dont want it to happen."

"Nobody does. But we have to pull through. I go through this every year."

I started crying harder. "I dont want to do this every year." I threw myself into him. He lifted me up and put me on my bed. He tucked me in and then got in with me.

I moved into him, my head on his chest. I could feel him breathing heavily, memories of his past flooding out of him. But, he tried to be strong for me, so he stopped.

"Please stay." I said.

He kissed my forehead.

"Always."