Chapter 4

So, I finally updated after an eternity. Someone asked me to update this story so I finally did.

I have a bad habit of not updating unless someone asks me to. Sorry.

Point out the mistakes, please.

Vote and comment if you like the chapter.

•••••

Tale as old as time,
Song as old as rhyme,
Beauty and The Beast…

I heard the song as I stood outside Gemma's room, trying to gather courage so that I could apologise for my behavior yesterday. I feel a little bad that I yelled at my sister. She's my sibling and siblings mess around all the time, that does not give me the right to yell at her.

“Do it.” I whispered, raising my fist to knock at her door.

I stood there, with my hand in the air but not knocking at her door. After a few moments of contemplating, I lowered my hand to my side and turned around, going back to my room.

Flopping down on my bed, I closed my eyes and listened to the song playing in my phone.

I heard that you've been
Self-medicating in the quiet of your room,
Your sweet, suburban tomb

My eyes opened and looked at the clock. I slept for half an hour, instead of doing any good, my nap made me feel even more exhausted.
My stomach made a sound and I sighed before getting up.

I looked in the kitchen for something to eat, I grabbed an apple and went back to my room. My feet froze as my mind wandered back to the café. I swore and rushed to my room, changing into a light blue tee and jeans. In my hurry to go to the café, I didn't pay attention to anything around me and bumped into someone.

“Are you going somewhere, Harry?” mum asked. I nodded in reply.

“Oh really? Where?”

“A café down the road.” I replied and the shock on her face didn't went unnoticed. She wasn't expecting me to reply.

Without saying anything else, I stepped out of the front door. I took long and fast steps so that I could reach the café before that girl left.

I arrived at the café a few minutes later and she was still there. I breathed a sigh of relief and sat at the table I've been sitting since the past few days. I looked at her and the sight made me feel an unwelcoming thump in my chest.

Dear Journal,

I don't have any desire to write about how today went. It was honestly a crap day.

I should not have went to that stupid little café in the first place. Stupid me.

First of all, I was late today, usually I arrive at the café before her but today, I was late.

She, I hope you know who I'm talking about, was with her boyfriend today, I'm not sure if he's her boyfriend or not but it sure as hell looked like they are in a relationship. They both were sitting in the café, laughing about God knows what, so lost in their stupid little world that she didn't even looked around.

I don't know why I'm feeling so jealous. It's not I have a claim on her or we are dating or anything but I still feel angry.

They both left shortly after I arrived at the café and I left a minute later. Instead of coming home, I wandered around aimlessly. After an hour or two, my phone started ringing, displaying mum's contact on the screen. After two calls from mum and one from Gemma, I decided to head back home.

Mum was about to ask where I was but maybe the look on my face concerned her. She asked me as to why I looked so upset and angry. I didn't even realised that I was upset, angry, yes but upset?
Maybe I was upset and still am.

How could I develop feelings for a girl I saw two days before. We didn't even talk, damn it.

It's like what I saw at the café killed my hunger because I no longer felt hungry, I even skipped dinner which I'm regretting now. I haven't had anything today except for cereal and two bites of an apple.

I don't want to go back to the café tomorrow in case her boyfriend is with her again but I really want to see her again.

I have to go back to my therapist tomorrow.
Oh joy.

I'll try to find something to eat before I try to sleep. Oh and did I mentioned that in my anger I broke my mother's vase and hid the broken pieces in our dog's doghouse. I did mentioned that we have a dog, right? He has a doghouse but did not sleep in it, he uses it as his safe because he hides things he steals in it.

Gotta go, find something to eat now.

Goodnight.

H.x