Chapter 6

“Hi,” I said trying to be overly charming. She looked me up and down and scoffed. “Don’t even try I don’t date people like you,” She said with more anger in her eyes than I thought was possible. I backed up not used to getting that kind of reaction like that from a girl. “I have a boyfriend too. Perhaps you know him,” She said with a glare that could evaporate souls. “I don’t know who you mean I haven’t really been here long enough to make a ton of friends,” I said with an awkward laugh. I rubbed the back of my neck and broke eye contact. She was making me uncomfortable. “Oh I think you do know him! You put him in the infirmary earlier today!” She yelled at me. I just stared blankly at her realizes that she was dating that annoying kid from earlier. “Sorry?” I offered not sure how to put it. “Oh! You’re going to be!” She said approaching me quickly. She pushed me onto the bed and stared at me. “You’re going to be a slave for my friends until I decide that you have a soul!” She said bringing her hand across my face.

                I heard it before I felt it. She slapped me. I was in shock. I pressed my hand against my cheek which was now throbbing. I wasn’t aware that woman at her age could hit that hard. It was defiantly going to bruise. I watched as she walked out of the room her heels clicking away. I looked at Dmitry who had his hand over his mouth in as much shock as I was. He got up and shut the door softly. “I don’t know how to tell you what just happened,” he said going over to his bed and laying down to face the wall. He pulled a bag of gummy worms out from under his bed and chewed on them like he needed them to think. I shook my head not knowing how to respond either and lay back on my bed quickly falling asleep.

             I woke up the next day to a knock at the door. It was that girl again. She gave me a list and flounced away. It was a Saturday morning and early at that. I didn’t really want too many plans that day. I sighed and looked over the list. I dropped the paper in surprise. Not once in my life have I seen so many objectives. And my first job started in 5 minutes! I went over to my dresser and pulled some clothes on. Dmitry lookted over at me still groggy. “Ivan…Those are my clothes. There too big for you,” He said. I didn’t really listen. I was in too much of a rush too. I ran a hand through my hair trying to fix it as best I could than I ran out the door.

            She was waiting for me at the front of the cafeteria with a scowl on her face. “Your late,” She said with a ton of sass. “Well you didn’t give me much time!” I said with Just as much and maybe even a little more of the sass she decided to push at me.

            She raised an eyebrow and looked me over. “Hun…you’re going to trip. Those pants are too long for you and there falling down around your ankles,” She said disapprovingly. I looked back at her and finally realized that these weren’t my clothes. She walked inside and motioned for me to follow her. She led me to her table.

I looked around at the people sitting at the table. There was a boy with floppy ash blonde hair that feel in his eyes. He looked to be very human to me which made me wander why eactly he was here. He was holding hands with a girl wih white hair. She had pointed ears and a pair of wings that protruded from her back. I guess they didn't retract like mine. Next to them was  the boy I saw yesterday who the queen instantly sat next too and kissed softly on the cheek.

I realized at that moment that I didn't know anyone's name who was infront of me. "Do you mine telling me your names?" I asked a little shyly. The queen stood up and cleared her throught. "Well, I'm Marzophie the future ruler of the banshee world. That's my boyfriend Zach,he's the future man of the mist," She said pointing to that boy. Marzophine turned her attention to the other couple. "And that's Alaina and Alex," She said with a smile sitting back down.

I bowed because I felt like that was what I was supposed to do. "And to introduce myself...I'm Ivan," I said with a big smile hoping for their approval.