Here Comes The Sun (doo doo doo doo)

(Sorry for the delay, guys. School started up and everything went wrong, lol. Keep the comments comin', I love 'em, and please do enjoy!!! :D)

...........

Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter

Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here

"I want to hear more about this group of yours that you lived with."

"There isn't really much to tell."

"Listen, Jaime. You're the one who decided to do this. If you don't tell us anything, then what would be the point of this interview?"

"..."

"You see what I mean, then?"

"...Okay. I'll tell you what you want to hear."

...........

The train moved along slowly, like it did everyday.

Jaime sat exasperatedly, completely unnerved and more hyperactive than he should have been. After all, it was just a train. In fact, this particular train passed by their station every day. There was nothing new here. Nothing for him to be freaking out about.

Well, except for the fact that Bart was there...

The brunette sat to Jaime's left, bouncing his foot up and down on the side of the train. He looked just as exasperated as Jaime was. He couldn't go a minute without squirming in his seat, kicking his foot once or twice every couple bounces.

Bart was there. He was there.

Actually, he had been there since earlier on that morning. The two had proceeded with the bet, and Jaime had lead Bart along to his usual spot for picking up discarded or broken tools that Jaime found he could easily sell if he simply patched them up a little.

Bart had quickly grown bored, much to Jaime's dismay. He was supposed to be proving to him that what he did was interesting or fun. Sadly, though, Bart didn't take it the way he had hoped.

"This is boring!" he had exclaimed after only five minutes of searching through the rubble. They had been in a junkyard, which smelled of death and decay. God knows how many bodies may or may not have been dumped there. But, it was also a literal goldmine of useful little trinkets that Jaime could potentially make money off of. Maybe even pay off some of his debts. Maybe buy food or water or a blanket. Something useful.

He had thought that way a lot back when he was younger. Back when he had hopes of having a better life. Not that he had completely given up on life (though, he was slowly but surely getting to that point), but he had hoped that perhaps he could find a life off the streets. Maybe get a dog or a cat. He'd have the fanciest car on the block!

He had been naive.

As soon as he had actually been out there for an extended amount of time, Jaime had come to realize that none of that would ever be happening. That even if he did make it out of this downward spiral of his, he'd have absolutely nothing returning back to the "real world". The "regular world". Whatever you wanted to call it.

Jaime had little to no schooling. Absolutely no life talents or goals to be reached. Out on the streets, you didn't have to have life goals or dreams for the future. You only needed to have the will to survive until the next day. And the day after that. And the day after that.