Sophie

We had to move on fast to get to a safe camp for us all until my disappearance had died down. We left the cave early, me staying with Nina at the back, much to Lily's annoyance for a reason unknown to me.
"Tell me about yourself," i said to Nina, and she gave a shy smile.
"Not much to say i'm afraid," she put her arm round me and pulled me closer to her.
"You've seen more of the world than I have, there must be a story somewhere," I said, moving my face to look at her.
"Okay," she started. "I'm 15 years old, I was born -"
"I don't care about that," i rolled my eyes and Nina laughed loudly, causing Lily to turn around again.
"I want to know about YOU," I smiled warmly to Nina, which seemed to work.
"Okay, I am a honest and opinionated and loyal. Instead of risking being clingy I will push people away," she stopped for a second and i squeezed her arm. She was already being a lot more honest than i had first expected. Nina took a deep breath.
"I am also Bi Polar," she whispered. Confused, i shook my head.
"Bi Polar is when i can loose control of how I feel. This can result in manic behaviour if i'm feeling high or depressive episodes if i'm feeling low. I have it under control, and Jack helps," she looked over at Jack, who had Alice on his shoulders as she screamed happily.
"Does anybody else know?" i said quietly. Nina nodded in the direction of Lily, who was squinting into the sunrise and mountains beyond dreamily.
"Lily has a lot going on, so she knows in her little detail." Nina laughed. "I've known you a few hours and it feels like i've known you years." I smiled and nodded. Nina gazed at me happily.
"It's funny how you can spend a few hours or days with the right person and those hours can matter more than years with the wrong person." I smiled back at Nina and we linked arms, me hobbling down the dirt track and Nina supporting me next to her.

A few hours later and Nina, Lily and I were laughing on a river bank. I was sandwiched between the two, torn between the comfort of Nina's homely embrace and the excitement and strong pull my heart had towards Lily's familiar hug. We all collapsed in hysterics once again as Alice sang out of tune to Jacks ukulele, but eventually Nina clumsily stand up just to topple back into Jacks arms. I felt Lily tense up beside me, and I cautiously leant back so my head rested on her stomach. She looked down on me patronisingly, as if i was a small child, and i moved my gaze over to the group, trying to break whatever attempt at a "moment" i had tried. Lily picked up a strand of my hair and started to twirl it round her fingers, with nails bitten down to the ends. I put my finger against hers. she looked at her hand and pulled it away. I grabbed it back and moved it towards my hair.
"I liked it," i smiled. Lily stared to smile back, but the sound of Leo and Steph groaning caught our attention. We looked over to see Nina and Jack kissing. I watched as they slowly kissed, as if it would be their last, their hands and lips interlocking like a perfect fit. There was no doubting how in love these two were as their bodies seemed to merge into one person for a split second. The kiss turned into a smile and they laughed, teeth knocking against each other in a clumsily romantic way. I turned back to Lily to see her eyes glaze over as she stared at Nina. Then it hit me, like a brick being thrown into my ribcage. The comforting hope in my heart from Lily rushed down to my feet, leaving me feeling empty and heavy. i understood at that moment why Lily gave Nina the looks, and the odd intimacy between them. I felt stupid and embarrassed for even thinking to pursue Lily, when she was so hopelessly in love with Nina.