OUCH!

"Don't hurt yourselves out there!" My mother calls out. Hi, my name is Christine. If you want to get to know me, it's hard to do, because I am awfully shy, celebrated my sweet sixteen with just my family, and not very willing to approach many people. I highly believe that the pen is mightier than the sword, and you can hate me all you want for it, but I am a pacifist. I don't like to see fights break out, and I'm a good friend to have when you do get to know me very well. Contrary to my beliefs though, I made acquaintances with a guy named Jack. Around my age, he's the total opposite of me. I like blue, he likes green. I like purple, he likes either red or yellow. I'm on flight, he's on fight, but it seems opposites attract, as despite these small things, we have an endless list of things we have in common. With all that aside, we set off on a great journey.

"Come on Jack! Let's have fun!" I said to Jack.

"Hey! Wait up Christine! You know I can't run much due to this heart pain I suffer!" Jack called out. You see, we both had endurance problems. I had asthma, and he had these strange heart contractions that would leave him writhing in agony when they struck. It would scare me senseless, but I grew to not just stand there and help him out, relieve that awful pain in him.

"Oh don't worry Jack! You know I'm here for you." I replied, seeing a smile on Jack's face.

"We might not truly be friends, but I'm glad we at least have each other's' backs. Want to head to the top of that hill?" Jack asked, and I nodded in agreement. Racing each other to the top of the hill, I felt for my inhaler in my pocket, and sure enough, it was in there. I took a quick spritz to avoid an attack, and continued running with Jack, until finally, we reached the hill. It was a surprise for both of us because of our conditions, and the fact that we tried to not get our clothes dirty. Jack was wearing a fancy red polo, green shorts and old white tennis shoes that he sometimes slipped around in, finishing off the outfit with a black hat. Me, I was wearing a cute purple shirt, blue shorts, and grey sneakers with purple laces. I completed my outfit with a diamond ring on my right middle finger. We pretended that we had just made an expedition to the top of Mt. Everest, and completed it!

"We've done it! We've climbed this huge mountain like it was nothing!" I called out.

"And we did it with such ease! Let this be a victory for the both of us!" Jack called out. Unfortunately, I didn't watch where I was going, and I got my foot stuck under a heavy rock.

"Gah, hold up! I'm stuck!" I said. I tried to free my foot from the place, and after a few minutes worth of tugging at my foot, I lost balance and fell!

"CHRISTINE!" Jack yelled.

"WHOA!" I screamed as I continued to barrel-roll down the other side of the hill. "OW! OW! OW! OW! OW! OW! OW! OW!" And before I knew it, I felt myself falling down a hole!

"DON'T WORRY! I'M COMING TO GET YOU!" Jack called out before he entered the hole too.

"AaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH-OOMPH!" I yelled as I hit the ground. Upon hitting the ground though, I saw grass!

"HEY! I'M COMING DOWN! MIGHT WANT TO MOVE OUT OF THE WAY!" I heard Jack holler, and I did so.

"Oh boy." I chuckled as I prepared to see Jack faceplant.

"WHOOOOOOOAAAAAAA-OOOOOOWWWWWW!" Jack yelled as he faceplanted. "Ouch! Man that hurt! But where are we?"

"No idea." I said. "Mom mentioned something about this place called the "underground" where monsters lived after the humans beat them up. Is this the place?"

"When you got this? Grass, buildings off to there, I think this is the underground. All we need to do, is watch out for monsters." Jack replied.

"Oh come on Jack! You're just so scared of monsters!" I joked. "There are good monsters out there, just waiting to help us!"