Undying Determination

A month or so after Mettaton's explosive death, I claimed his position as champion of Technoland since I technically beat him before we worked together. I gained an excellent reputation there, and met Asgore, the big boss himself. Though he had the urge to steal my soul for his own use, he successfully fought that urge and congratulated me on my achievement. He made a few calls, and happily left as I lived the life of a celebrity, something I would take to the surface once I got my people to accept the residents of the underground, that is. With that, I still had one more place to go, and that, was the mostly uncharted "Warland". I entrusted my bodyguards with the responsibility of making sure that nobody unjustly steals my title as champion, and I set off for the place. It took me a few hours to get there because the snowmobile crash that landed me here in Technoland totaled the vehicle, so I had to go by foot, but nonetheless, I made it. It was a very rural part of the city, with small neighborhoods instead of huge skyscrapers and tall buildings like Technoland, and even fewer residences than Snowdin. I strolled around, and it wasn't long before I ran into an old friend.

"Papyrus? What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Looking for a friend of mine." Papyrus replied. "Her name's Undyne. She lives here, and is a member of the royal guard. She's the toughest fish anybody can go against, cause anybody that tries to fight her, loses."

"Wait, FISH?" I asked, befuddled by what the tall skeleton just said.

"She's a monster based off of a piranha. She told me of your victory over at Technoland against Mettaton, and wanted to meet you. And I was just looking for you!" Papyrus replied.

"Mettaton's dead. Remember Jack? He found his way there and destroyed him. Alphys is okay though." I replied. With that, the skeleton guided me to Undyne's house, and it took us a few minutes before we reached a large house that looked like the face of a piranha. Papyrus knocked on the door, and out came who I assumed was Undyne, clad in armor excluding the helmet. An eye patch was in place of her left eye.

"Hey Papyrus! What's going on?" She asked.

"The champion of Technoland is here!" Papyrus replied, and patted my head to show who the champ was.

"A human?" Undyne asked. "Quite an achievement you made there lad!"

"Thank you." I replied.

"Though, if you wanna be my friend, you have to prove your fighting skill, like he did. How about a one-on-one spar?" Undyne asked, and I nodded. With that, our surroundings turned black, and our souls exited our chest. Undyne then threw a blob of green, and it immobilized my soul! In turn though, a blue shield formed in front of my soul.

"What was that?" I asked.

"You're green now. You need to face danger head on if you're going to last this match. Use that shield, and block my attacks the best you can. You make me surrender, you got yourself a friend." Undyne explained.

"Challenge accepted." I replied confidently.

"NGAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!" Undyne screamed before the match truly began!

With that scream, it startled me a bit before Undyne threw a barrage of white spears at me! With the shield, I successfully blocked all of her attacks, and I prepared a Kamehameha style blast.

"Face THIS head on Undyne!" I yelled before firing! It struck her soul dead on, and Undyne was thrown back like it actually hit her!

"Ha ha! That's the stuff! Ow..." Undyne shouted before throwing a backwards white spear. Unfortunately, I went to block it in its current direction, when it instantly teleported to the back, striking my soul! "Reverse spears. Only I can throw those." Undyne explained before throwing some regular ones, which I blocked flawlessly.