Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"Lacy, are you alright?" I faintly hear someone call into Harry's bedroom. It sounds like Zayn, but I can't be sure because I'm half-asleep.

"Shh, she's sleeping," Harry whispers at the intruder, stroking my hair back my forehead. He starts humming again, making me smile and nuzzle back against him even more.

"Is she alright?" Zayn, I am now certain it is him, asks quietly. I clench my fingers into Harry's shirt, sniffing in his reassuring his scent.

"She's alright, but she was afraid earlier in the bathroom," Harry tells him.

"I know that, I'm just scared that she won't like any of us besides you later. I mean, no offense, but I think she's only warming up to you, Niall, and Louis. I think she still sort of resents Liam for controlling and manipulating her emotions. I just want her to love all of us like we love her," Zayn murmurs.

"I understand that Zayn, but it's going to take a little while before she's even up to the idea of going on a date with any one of us, let alone falling in love with us," Harry responds. I frown a little bit.

"I'm just...when she wakes up, come and get me. I need to talk to her," Zayn whispers, his voice fading away as he leaves and I enter sleep.

__________________________________________

When I wake up, Zayn is lying next to me on the bed, asleep as well. I smile as I look at him, his body rid of tension and peaceful. I brush back some of the hair on his forehead, his perfect full lips falling slightly open. His eyelids flutter for a second before he opens his eyes. I take this moment to avert my own eyes to his perfectly sculpted chest. His stomach is one of a man and not of a boy. I see a few tattoos on his arms, including a yin-yang sign.

"Hello, love," he greets me, his voice deep and raspy from sleep. I smile at him.

"Hi, Zayn," I greet him, continuing to move my fingers in his hair. He visibly shivers and closes his eyes.

"What is it that you wanted to tell me?" I ask him quietly, my eyes refusing to move from his face. His brown eyes open, a sparkle twinkling in them.

"Lacy, I'd like to know if you would want to go on a date with me," he murmurs slowly, looking down at his hands. I stop him from wringing his hands, making him look up into my eyes.

"Zayn, I would be honored to go out on a date with you," I tell him, assuring him. Zayn's face breaks out into a beautiful grin. He flips us over so he's on top, and then he leans down and kisses me.

I'm not prepared for this kiss at all, so my breath is literally taken away. I hesitantly kiss him back, reaching my hands up to lie on his bare shoulders. His hands travel down to my waist, his thumbs slipping underneath my shirt to rub the bare skin there.

When Zayn's tongue tries to enter my mouth, I decide that this is enough. I pull away, not all of the way, but enough so that our breath barely mingles. I look up at him, smiling at the sparks that are still erupting on my hands, my mouth, and the little bit of skin he is touching. Everywhere that him and I have touched is sparking.

"That was amazing," I tell him, resting my head on the pillow of the bed. Zayn nods, rolling us over onto our sides.

"Let's go out on that date tonight," I tell Zayn, snuggling up into his bare chest.

"Whatever you wish," he informs me. I smile, yawning quietly. He wraps his arms more tightly around me, letting me feel like Harry isn't the only beacon of hope in my life.

__________________________________________
A/N: Thank you all for getting me to 1k reads and 58 votes!!! It means so much that you all care so much that you would actually get me to what I wished for. When I first posted this story on here, I didn't hope for or dream that I would have 1,000 reads in a matter of weeks. Thank you very much! Continue to read, vote, and comment! Comment what you would like to see in the next chapter! I love you all!

-MH