Chapter 2

I heard knocking on my door. I looked at my alarm clock. It's 6am!!!! Who knocks on my door at 6am I'm going to kill that bitch. It's probably Jacelyne... I got up, very angry, I opened the door.

I was just about to call her a bitch but then I noticed that it was a him. What is Luke doing here at 6am? Am I dreaming? Was the guy watching me yesterday a dream too? I'm just calling yesterday a nightmare because I don't want to think about it.

" what are you doing here and how did you get in?"

"Through the window and checking if you were alright"

Then I noticed the window in the kitchen was open.

"it's so early why are you even up?"

"I never sleep"
It's probably a joke so I'm just gonna laugh.
He smiled back. He was so cute. This doesn't mean I'm not terrified.

"Why would you think I wasn't alright?"

"I heard you scream"

So the scary person I saw last night probably was a nightmare.

Suddenly I heard my stepmom get up. Oh yeah she always gets up early to prepare breakfast. I turned around to run to my bed to pretend I was sleeping but then I remembered Luke was still here. I turned my head to the position Luke is standing or was standing... He wasn't here anymore. How could he get away so fast...

I looked through the window and I saw him running... the question kept haunting me... How could he run so fast or jump or whatever he did to get away. My life is getting weirder every day.

It was time to go to school. Finally! I had a lot of questions to ask Luke and Jai. I arrived at school and looked around but there was no sign of Luke nor Jai.

I acted like nothing was going on when my friend came up to me. She asked me what was wrong but I couldn't tell her what happened this morning or last night. It was all I could think about but the one thing I couldn't tell anyone. I wanted to tell it to Luke but he wasn't here. Where was he?

School was beginning in a minute so maybe he would still come and this is what I said to myself every hour. Every hour there was no Luke. If something happened to him I would never forgive myself but maybe he's sick, maybe they're both sick.

Too many weird things were happening and I didn't know why. Green eyes were following me wherever I went. Maybe I was imagining it or something but there was no time to think about this. I can't become as crazy as my mom was before she died.

I could finally go home after a long day. I was walking home because I didn't want to take the bus.

I'm walking passed a scary house. It has scary trees around it but for some unknown reason I felt attracted to it. I opened the black iron gates when suddenly someone grabbed me from behind. I couldn't breathe for a second but when I looked up I saw the green eyes again. All I wanted to do was scream but I couldn't even whisper. It felt like I was compelled. I wanted to cry. Please someone help me!!!

I closed my eyes. I didn't want to see how he would kill me. Happy thoughts were going through my mind. I knew I would die today. This would be the end of me. I didn't know why he was attacking me, all I knew was that he had no good intentions. I tried biting him without even knowing where I was biting. I just couldn't look into those scary eyes.

I felt his hand raising. He was probably going to hit me until I was death. 
Suddenly I heard someone coming towards us. I've never heard such strange footsteps before. It almost sounded not human. A thought came across my mind. I had heard these footsteps before... the night my mom left. Why did I remember this strange sound now? I mean it had been 10 years.

I still had my eyes closed and the footsteps suddenly stopped. He or she was standing very close to us right now. I could hear heavily breathing through the sound of the wind. Then it happened...

They began to talk. I couldn't understand what they were saying and to be honest I didn't want to know what they were talking about. I've never been this scared in my life. I heard a voice and it was obviously a man voice but not a usual man voice. One of those voices you hear in movies.

The last thing he said was "let go of her".

After that I heard that they were fighting. These people who were fighting couldn't be humans. I heard someone pulling clothes of of the person who had grabbed me. I heard him pulling the bones out of him. I felt blood splashing on my face and clothes. I think I even heard someone sucking the life out of the other person.

When I finally opened my eyes the person who had helped me had disappeared. The other person with the scary eyes was laying in pieces in front of me. He had obviously died.

The only thing I could do was run. I had to find the person who had helped me and ask him about what happened. This would be hard but I will find him.

Luke's POV

It has been a week since I last saw Alice. I couldn't stop thinking about her. She has the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen. I can't see her anymore. If she knew what I was, she wouldn't talk to me anyway.

We, me and Jai, move a lot. Every year actually. We have to do this so no one finds out what we are. It used to be different. We used to be happy and stay at one place before we turned into vampires. I remember me, jai and our parents sitting, talking and eating.

They stopped talking to us after we turned into monsters. Who can blame them I would do the same.

I miss being normal. Have friends and stay at one place but this is my life now and I've accepted it.

It's just me and Jai now. I'm happy I have him.

Jai's POV

I shouldn't have done this. Why did I help her? Now she wouldn't stop looking for the person who helped her. But I couldn't let her die so I wouldn't change a thing. I hope she doesn't find out it was me. If she knew what I was, it would ruin everything. She would never be the same.