Chapter 4 ~Katniss~

Peeta knows me all too well. He knows that I like when he holds me at night, that I like when he watches me when I am about to wake up, and most importantly, that I love him.

  This morning I wake up to him watching me after he brushed his arm against me.

  "No nightmares, again," he tells me with a smile.

  "What about you, did you have any?" I ask.

  He looks off, somewhere behind me. "Yes."

  I need to get him to tell me what his flashbacks are, what his nightmares are. I just can't, though. I can tell he doesn't want to tell me at those moments when he wants to kill me. I already know this though, and it frustrates me that he refuses to tell me. I attempt to see if he will tell me.

  "What about?" I ask looking deep into his blue eyes.

  "Another bad flashback entering my dreams. I'm sorry, Katniss. I don't want to have these. I need to get help." He looks down, "You understand that, don't you?"

  "Of course I do, Peeta! I want to help you, but you don't help me understand what your dreams are about, what your flashbacks are of, or even why you won't tell me! I would do anything for you, Peeta. You understand that, don't you?"

  "Yes. I understand. Just ask me what my dream was about, and I will tell you. Just ask me."

  "I want you to tell me what your dream was about. Will you please tell me?" I ask with an edge.

  "Alright."