Chapter 5 ~Peeta~

"In this dream, this flashback. I had almost killed you, Katniss. If I didn't wake up, I would have killed you. With my bare hands. Like the first time I saw you, after I was..hijacked. I had accused you of trying to kill me with nightlock. In the arena.

  "I didn't remember that you didn't want to kill me. That you would rather die with me, than just me die. You tried to run. I caught you though." I look at her. She looks back at be with glistening eyes, as if she is about to cry.

  I lift my hand up to wipe her eyes. "My hands were wrapped around your neck. I forced myself to wake. Then, I saw you sleeping peacefully with a smile."

  She opens her mouth to say something, but I can't help but kiss her before she speaks in respond.

  We are entangled as one. I remember feeling like this, when the rain was patting the cave with very little light entering. We had just gotten a basket of food. And she had that cut on her forehead from trying to get me my medicine from the feast. We were just waiting to get out of the cave and win the games. I kissed her, very long and passionately. It lasted until her cut started to bleed again. I could actually tell she didn't want to stop. I didn't either. We were also entangled like this after I had given her a locket to remind her how she should live. Part of me wants to say she would have been happy to let me die there. But I know that it isn't true. She said she needed me. I need her, too. We were interupted by Finnick, then.

  She finally gets words in between our mouths, and inch away from eachother. "I love you. Thank you for telling me that. But you're not the monster you make yourself out to be. You aren't." She presses her mouth against mine again.

  For a split second I see her gray eyes she got from the seam. They glisten. But this time, not with tears. They contain happiness and love. She closes then before I can examine them more.

  We continue.

  We eat her favorite, cheese buns. She smiles at me. She seems so hard to predict yet, easy at the same time.

  "So have you decided what we should do with Haymitch?" she asks with a slant of a smile.

  "Honestly, I have no clue. We might need to limit his drinking, though," I say. Then I look at her, and we both burst out laughing.

  "Good luck with that," she says.

  "I don't think that is going to help. Anyways. So, let me ask you. Do you know about a place I find that you have yet to take me to?"

  "Is that place somewhere you would like to go?"

  "Yes," I say. I peck her cheek and drop to a whisper, "Very much so."