eight

We were all walking on air that night. And although I wasn't there, Arabella told me everything - and it had been a solid victory. So we all went to celebrate. And all of us, apart from Arabella, did the stupidest thing any of us had ever done.

"Hey! Guys, it's all on me tonight!" Benny announced as they made their way towards the booth to purchase carnival tickets.
The group cheered as Benny handed the woman at the booth the correct amount of money.

"Thanks," Benny smiled once he received the tickets. He handed them all out, and Arabella gave him a grateful smile. "Thanks, Benny."
He winked. "Don't mention it."

Arabella looked away for a moment and Benny turned to Bertram and gave him his ticket. She took in a long breath before exhaling, trying to contain her excitement mixed with emotions.

She joined the group of boys as they ran onto one of the rides, but Bertram called out, stopping them. "Aw, crap! I almost forgot!"

"What is it?" Arabella asked as they all stopped, running back over to him.
Bertram grinned as he pulled out a packet of chewing tobacco from his pocket. The boys stared at it in awe as Arabella laughed. "I've been saving it for a good time!"

"What is it?" Scotty asked, making Arabella gasped.
"You've got to be kidding me." She said.
"Big chief!" Bertram exclaimed, inhaling the strong scent.
"Geez, Smalls! I suppose you don't even know who The Babe is either!" Ham teased, earning laughs from everyone apart from Arabella and Scotty - since neither of them had any idea who he was.

"It's chewing tobacco!"
"Baccy, man!"
"What do you do with it?" Scotty asked.
"You're killing me, Smalls!" Ham yelled.
Arabella rolled her eyes. "You chew it! What else did you expect to do with it?"

Scotty watched as Ham took a piece and shoved it all in his mouth.
"Trust me, man, all the pros do it!" Kenny said, patting his back.
"Yeah, yeah - it gives you tons of energy!" Yeah-Yeah added.

"Let's dip!" Tommy yelled.
"Let's dip!" Timmy repeated.
Bertram handed out a piece for everyone, but once he reached Arabella, she shook her head.

Bertram frowned. "Why not?"
"We're about to go on a ride? Do I need to say anymore?" She questioned.
Ham laughed and shook his head. "Don't worry about it, Arabella. We'll be fine."

"Hey, hey, hey." Benny stepped in, placing his hands on Arabella's shoulders. "If she doesn't want any - she doesn't have to. Besides," He smirked. "she's still a pro."

Arabella titled her head upwards to look at Benny, since he was taller than her, and smiled.

"Okay, whatever you say. Now let's ride!" Bertram announced.
The group cheered as they ran onto the ride.

Arabella was about to jump into a cart with Scotty, but felt someone grab her hand. She looked down at the tanned hand before looking up to meet Benny's gaze. "How about you come with me?" He asked.
Arabella smirked and nodded, letting Benny take her to a spare cart.

Benny held out his arm for Arabella to jump in first, before following her. They pulled down the bars before looking at each-other and smiling.
Arabella giggled.
"What is it?" Benny asked.
"You look like a happy five year old finally getting a turn on his favourite ride." She replied.
Benny shrugged with a childish grin. "Maybe I am."

The ride then started. It began to spin slowly, before picking up its pace.
"How much do you bet one of them are gonna throw up tonight?" Arabella asked Benny as she scanned the boys.
Benny laughed. "100%. At the moment..." He trailed off as he looked at his friends, who all seemed to be enjoying the ride. "I'm thinking Squints."
"Yeah," Arabella chuckled. "me too."

About two minutes into the ride, Arabella and Benny realised that the boys weren't looking so enthusiastic anymore.
Arabella chuckled. "Aren't you feeling sick?"
Benny shrugged and shook his head. "No, actually."

"I change my mind... I bet Ham will be the first to share his lunch." Arabella said, watching Ham squirm in his seat.
Benny laughed. "That's a nice way to put it."

Before the two of them could say anything else, Ham threw up.
Arabella cheered, punching the air. "I knew it!"
Benny hit the bar. "Damn!"

Soon enough, all of the boys apart from Benny were throwing up and the two couldn't stop laughing at the people passing by, who got hit by their vomit.
"Oh wow, that must've been nasty." Arabella said, pointing at three girls, who were all screaming.