Rumor

Konoha Senior High was a relatively small school where approximately five-hundred students made up the junior and senior population .

The school was set in a small town where everyone knew each other so It wasn't hard to talk about someone and not have someone know who it was.

This only made it easier for rumours to spread whether they were true or not.

Hinata, for the most part, has never had any trouble with things like that. The closest she's ever been to a situation like that was when a rumor was started about her friend, Ino.

They had shown up to school one day and noticed that people would not stop looking at her blonde friend. It was as if they were judging her, as if they knew secrets about her they weren't supposed to know. They weren’t subtle looks, though, They were full on glares. They acted as if she had committed some sort of sick crime.

Naturally, they decided to ask around. It had taken them a while to find someone who wasn't glaring daggers at them, but they had managed to find Rock Lee, who had been willing to do research on the case. He agreed and basically just walked up to someone and asked what was up...

After asking around a bit, Lee came back and told them the bad news. A rumour had been started saying that Ino had had sex with one of the Seniors, Yahiko. However, Ino was a virgin. She was religious and made it a point to wait till after marriage. A rumor like that was simply foolish. Why people would believe something like that,  She didn't know. It seemed that people believed anything these days.

People were nosy and would say anything just to feel better. In their small town, not much went on. Drama rarely happened so it often felt boring at times. They didn’t really blame people for wanting to start things.

Of course, They had set out to find the person that had told everyone this. They took time to ask around, asking questions along the lines of what they heard and who they heard it from.

Some students had details on how exactly everything went down. Some claimed that Ino was pregnant, Others would say that there had been one other person getting in on the action as well. All of the stories were completely bizarre and most didn't even make sense.

It had taken a day but they had finally managed to find the culprit: Deidara.

He was a senior and was friends with Yahiko. He lived across the street from him and claimed that he had seen Ino go into Yahiko's house and he didn't see her go out until after an hour. He had assumed the two had hooked up since Ino had stayed for a while.

Hinata and Ino had cleared it up; They confronted him and corrected his lie.

What had actually happened was that Ino had been assigned to do a project with Yahiko for a class they had together. Yahiko wasn't even her type. She's not even sure if she likes guys.

Even after taking a week to  make It clear that the rumour was a lie, some people still believed it.

Nonetheless, Hinata had never been in the middle of things like that and she never thought she ever would be.

~

"Neji, can I get a ride to school?" Hinata asked, her cousin halting a couple feet from the door to look back and nod at her. "Thanks."

She threw away what was left of her apple and swung her backpack on, slipping her hand through the other strap and adujsted it comfortably on the curve of her back.

Neji had an SUV. It wasn't great, but it was better than not having a car at all.

Hinata was in desperate need for rides.