3

Dominic gazes at me as I sit writing my paper on the Mesopotamia era. I feel his eyes on me as I try to concentrate on my work.

"Cam?"

I look up, "yes?"

He sits back in his chair, "why are we playing this game?"

I look at him clueless, "what game?"

He rolls his eyes and smiles, "can't you feel it?" "Camille." "Camille"

"Camille! Wake the fuck up." Lamont's harsh words break through my dream state. I groan and roll onto my back. "Get up and get dressed. I need you today. Put on that sexy ass dress"

"Yes sir." I reply timidly.

I swing my feet around and stretch out my tired body. I look at the clock, it's only 8:30 am. What is he doing up this early on a Saturday?  Not wanting to upset him this early I get moving dragging my feet across the floor over to my dresser. I quickly put on a blue mini dress that barely covers my ass. He bought it for me for his "meetings" with the local "talent". I go to the bathroom, brush my teeth, brush my hair and use the toilet.

I find Lamont in the living room dressed in jeans and his wife beater. He looks my way as I come around the couch into view.

"Took yo ass long enough. Let's go." He spits rising from the couch. He turns off the T.V and picks up his keys off the side table.

"Yes sir." I follow him out the front door to the beat up Cadillac sitting in the gravel driveway.

I get in the passenger side as he cranks up the ignition. He looks over at me and smiles a wicked grin.

"When we get there you get the cash from AJ and Bean. Then put it in the duffel and bring it to me."

"Yes sir."

He backs out and we head to his place of business. A raggedy run-down house at the edge of town. When we arrive there are three cars on the grass. He parks and exits the car, I swallow and exit behind him. There are four men sitting on the steps to the house.

"Fellas," he greets, "I hope you haven't been waiting long. I had to wait on the princess here." The men laugh and look at me. I shrink from embarrassment. "Come inside, we have some things to discuss. First give the money to Cam then come in." He opens the door and walks in.

I hold up the duffel bag and all four men drop a few stacks of cash each in. One by one they file into the house and I trail behind them. I close the door and sit on the couch across the room. I pull out the phone French gave me and start to watch a cooking video on VidTube. I hear French yell my name from his office upstairs.

"Coming!" I shout back, leaping up from the couch. I make my way upstairs and down the hall that contains his office. I knock on the door and wait for his answer.

"Come in."

I open the door, "Yes sir?"

He is sitting behind a large black desk with the four men surrounding it in a semicircle.

"Bring your pretty self here." He says holding a hand out to me. Immediately I panic internally, this can't be good but for the life of me I can't figure out what I did. I walk over to him, putting my hand in his. In all my panic, I just realize there is a man on the floor. I don't recognize him and the four men I saw earlier are all standing around him.

"Cammy," He strokes my hair sending shivers of disgust down my spine. "This pathetic sack of shit is Bobby. Bobby say hi to Cam."

The man lifts his head and I can see he's been beaten. I catch his eyes and immediately look past him, I know better than to fully look away. He doesn't speak. French nods his head and AJ punches the man in his stomach.