Chapter 4- "Don't go"

Ryan was true to his word; he called about every night, and texted her at least once a day. He remembered her work schedule and made sure she got home safe by sending a town car to pick her up every night. Leyla even demanded one night that she talk to Ryan.

The two of them didn’t really know what they were. They weren’t boyfriend and girlfriend. How could they be? They had only been on one date, which technically wasn’t a date really. It was evident of the attraction between the two of them. The kiss was enough proof.

Ryan got home late on the 20th from a three game road trip. He was tired and sore, but not tired or sore enough to not stop off at Lexie’s. He had to see her. He didn’t know exactly what it was about her. Was it how easy it was with her? Or just how relaxed he felt around her? There was a connection. He didn’t quite know what it was yet, he just had to feel her lips against his.

He buzzed her apartment, and waited a few seconds.

“Hello?” a raspy sleepy voice came over the telecom.

“It’s me” was all he said.

She didn’t say another word, just buzzed him up.

He took two stairs at time until he reached her floor. The door swung open, and there stood Lexie in pair of sleep shorts, and black long sleeve shirt, which he could clearly see she wasn’t wearing bra. Her make-up was gone, and her hair looked damp from her shower.  To him she looked as beautiful as the first time they met.

He didn’t say anything. The only noise that was made was a little squeak from Lexie when his lips crashed into hers. He held her face too his. For only knowing her for this short period of time, the kiss was powerful enough to light 4th of July fireworks.

He felt her fingers run through his hair, as he deepened the kiss. His eyes were closed so tight, he could feel a tiny headache forming, but the kiss was too good for him to stop.

After what felt hours, but in reality were less than a minute or two, the two separated for air, and leaned on each other’s forehead. They both finally opened their eyes.

“Hi” He said in a whisper.

She smiled. “Hi”

“Is Faith here?” He asked.

Lexie shook her head. “She left right before you got here.” She said as she pulled him into the apartment.

He chuckled. “Probably went over to Hanks” still speaking in a whisper.

Lexie nodded. The two still hadn’t moved further than the hallway that led to the kitchen and living room.

“I missed you” he said looking deep into her eyes. “Did you miss me?” he asked as he kissed down the side of her neck.

She had missed. She had missed him a lot. She had missed him more than she had ever missed a guy in her life.

She nodded.

She could feel him smiling into her skin. Everywhere he touched her, set her tiny body a flame.  It had been way too long since a guy had touched her like Ryan was touching her tonight. So long, she had to think hard to when the last time she actually had been intimate with a guy.

“I just wanted to stop and see you….” he said pulling away from her.

“Don’t go” She said softly cutting him off. He looked into her face.

“Are you sure?” He asked.

She nodded. “I mean we don’t have to do anything. I just want you here” she said like an innocent child.

He nodded. “Ok I won’t leave” he said.

Her lips raised into a small smile. She grabbed his hand and led him to her bedroom. They didn’t bother with the lights. He just shrugged out of his clothing, and slide into her bed behind her in only his boxers. She felt his strong arms wrap around her tiny waist pulling her into him his strong chest.

For the first time in years she felt safe. Safe, like nothing could hurt her. She said a silent prayer hoping that nothing would.

“What time did Lele go to sleep?” He asked softly in her ear while he played with top of shorts.

“About an hour or two before you got here” she said leaning back against him. “She kept asking if you when you were coming home and if she’d ever see you again”

Ryan smiled.

“So what are you guys doing for Christmas?” he asked as his hand crept up just under the bottom of her shirt.

“Probably spend it here like we always do” she said enjoying his fingertips against her skin lulling her to sleep.

“Spend it with me” he said softly into her ear.

 Her eyes shot open. “Wh-What?”

He turned her to face him. “Come over to my place.” He said looking deeply into her eyes. “My parents and my brother’s family are all going to be there. It will be fun”

“I don’t know Ryan” she said placing her head in space between his shoulder and neck. He could feel her satin soft lips graze his neck, and send shivers down his spine.

He swallowed. “Sleep on it” he said then drifting off to sleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~

“Lele hurry up and eat. You can’t be late for school” Lexie said from her spot in the kitchen.

Leyla sat across the table from Ryan while the two of them ate oatmeal with raisins and brown sugar. Leyla had be so happy to see Ryan, that she leaped into his arms when she saw him step out of Lexie’s room this morning.

Leyla stood in her cute school uniform, with her sandy blonde curls pulled back into a pony tail topped off with a red bow.

“Done!” Leyla proudly said as she hopped off her chair and ran over to the sink where she placed her dirty bowl.

“Go put your shoes and coat on then we have to go” Lexie said as the little girl raced to her room.

Lexie just slid on pair of sweats and her north face jacket.

“Have you thought about Christmas?” Ryan said pulled on his jacket.

“Lele we Have to go!” Lexie said like she didn’t want to answer.

“I’m coming!” The little sandy blonde said as she ran down the hall with her backpack on her back.

The three of them walked out the door, and down the stairs. Ryan had offered to take his car so the two of them didn’t have to walk in the cold.

They dropped Leyla off at school, then it was just the two of them.

“So…” Ryan said as he pulled away from the curb. “Have you thought about Christmas?” he said turning the corner. “Or are you going to ignore the question like you did this morning?”

“I don’t know if it would be good for Leyla” She said. “I mean your family doesn’t know me, I wouldn’t want to steal your family time with them”

“You wouldn’t” he said trying to reassure her. “Come on” he said as he parked his car in front of her apartment building. “No one should be alone on Christmas”

He was right.

“Fine” she said. “We’ll come over for Christmas”

He smiled. “Good” he said then leaned over and kissed her lips gently.

Christmas was two days away. Even if her and Ryan weren’t boyfriend and girlfriend, meeting a guy’s parents are always nerve wrecking. She had two days to prepare herself for it.