Chapter 3- "What the hell do I wear to a hockey game?"

“What the hell do I wear to a hockey game?” Faith whined as she stood in front of her of her closet.

“It’s not like you’re going clubbing. It’s a hockey game” Lexie said as she pulled Leyla’s Rangers jersey she got at the Charity event.

“What are you wearing?” Faith asked as she came walking into Lexie’s bedroom, hair in rollers, and make up all done.

Lexie stood up showing her what she was wearing; skinny jeans, white long sleeve v-neck that fit every curve of the body and black leather heeled boots. Hair straightened and make up a little darker than normal.

“Eff me!” Faith said.

“Faith!” Lexie exclaimed. “Little ears” she reminded.

“I’m sorry, it’s just really sucks that everything you wear, you still look like a sex bomb”

Lexie laughed. “I’m not a sex bomb” she said leading Leyla out of her room.

“Of course you are. You have long legs and nice curves in all the right place’s. Me I’m short, and petite. I look like I’m 16, not 23”

Lexie rolled her eyes as she walked into her roommates room. She quickly threw a pair of skinny jeans, a red cashmere sweater, and a pair of boots.

“What would I do without you?” Faith said as she grabbed and put on her clothes.

“Probably never figure out what to wear”

Five minutes later, the three girls were dressed and headed out the door.

The trio made their way toward the Garden, too the will call window.

“Where do you think our seats are?” Faith asked as they waited in line.

Lexie shrugged her shoulders. “Probably in the upper level.”

Faith wrinkled her nose. “You really don’t think that do you? This is the Callahan we’re talking about. He’d at least try to get lower level seats don’t you think?”

They finally approached the window.

“Tickets for Campbell”

“Can I see photo I.D. please?”

Lexie showed the lady her I.D.

“Here you go ma’am” She said as she handed the tickets.

“Thank you” Lexie said as she took the envelope.

The three of them walked to where their ticket said they were too go.

“Are you fricken kidding me?” Faith said as the three of them walked down the stairs to the glass. “And you said he was giving us the cheap seats”

Their seats were right on the glass just off to the side of where Lundqvist was in goal.

The three of them sat in their seats.

“There’s Ryan” Leyla squealed as she saw Ryan skating around doing his pre-game drills.

The little girl and him made eye contact. Leyla waved, which Ryan returned a smile and a wink; which was directed more to Lexie than Leyla; Faith knew it too.

Leyla was taking everything in. She had never been lucky enough to go to a game, let alone have glass seats. She pressed her tiny face up against the glass watching the players as they skated by for their warm-ups.

Ryan noticed the little girl’s enthusiasm. He skated up to the glass and flicked a puck right through the space between the glass and the protective net, which landed safely in front of Lexie on the ledge. Leyla grabbed it quickly, and held it close to her chest.