17. Morana

The night I died the ocean was nothing calm. Dark black waves hit the stone and splashed on the top of the dam. I left my body and I rose above the thick gray clouds, to the moonless sky full of stars. Under me lied a white world, illuminated by the weak light from the universe; the world of the endless clouds and fog. And that day, I could leave, I was free to leave...

But that day I also came to know the truth.

And the truth trapped me in this world. The truth made me stay.

Because it was like the Moon – it was destroyed long time ago and no one knew it was ever there.

That night, my death set in motion a number of strange powers that will clash in the future. But no one knew yet. Only the dead. And the dead swam in the black waves and sang a song of change. The seabed bled and the water was getting darker and darker... But no one saw, except us. The blood of the planet kept us alive.

And when I left the waters, I had a limited time left. But it was enough. I flew up the dam and I saw a girl fall from the wall. But I knew that she was a survivor. I knew that she would see tomorrow.

I passed the walls of my hometown as a blast of wind, taking with me the raindrops. And the powers hidden in the city were just about to make their move.

I saw the soldiers take away the man who murdered me, but I knew they weren't going to execute him for his crimes. He was a relic of the past. The past which was taken from us and which we wanted back.

My aunt loved the relics and she loved dearly the past. Because in the past lied the truth which could set her free. And that was what the world feared...

That would bring all the stories together and give them the meaning.

However, that night, I decided to stay and write those stories in my own way...