Chapter 9

Camila laid in the guest bed in a tank top and short, shorts. Buddy was at the end of the bed and Camila didn't even bother to put blankets over herself. She had tears streaming down her face. I always ruin a good thing when I have it.

It was now morning and Lauren was sleeping on the couch, she didn't even want to go in her room. She was angry last night. As soon as the sun rose, Camila took her bags and her dog and headed for her car. She was in the car and she started it. When she tried to drive, the whole front bender was off so you heard it scrape across the gravel. This made Lauren stir because she heard it through her living room window.

Lauren got up and looked outside to see Camila leaving slowly and she ran outside in her pajama pants and a t-shirt, with no shoes.

"hey! where are you going?" Lauren shouted running towards Camila's car not realizing that Camila could hear her perfectly fine, her windows were down.

Camila looked at her and then stopped her car once Lauren approached on the passenger side window.

"I just thought this would be easier."

"to what? disappear at the crack of dawn? don't I get a say?" Lauren looked at her.

Camila rolled her eyes and shrugged. "You said everything there was to say last night"

"No, I didn't"

"Oh, you left out the part that you had a girlfriend. that was pretty convenient" Camila scoffed.

"I don't have a girlfriend" Lauren says in a shocked confused voice sounding more like a question.

"That girl... from the Farmers market." Camila said with a duh voice.

"That's not my girlfriend" Lauren sighed. "She was but that was a few years ago"

Camila just stared at her questioningly.

"Ariana's in my class. We study together"

"Study what?" Camila said back quickly.

"I'm a student. I'm still in school, I go at night." Lauren says ashamed.

"why didn't you wanna tell me?" Camila says softly.

"Because it's embarrassing... your this incredibly accomplished woman and I didn't even finish college" Lauren looked down. "I mean I have this great life but I'm barley passing economics you know?"

Camila looked down and sighed. She finally looked back up and put the car in drive.

"Where are you going?" Lauren gets upset.

"Look, let's not drag this out okay?" Camila looks at Lauren. "I lied to you, you lied to me, we both have other plans and being together Is just messing everything up." A tear slips her eyes. "We should just go our separate ways".

"Camz.."

Camila just drove off. Her car broke down in the middle of one of the roads and it got towed.
_____________________________________

It was the next day and Camila got home by Dinah and Camila no longer has her car. It's towed and she can't afford the cost right now. She's been crying all night missing Lauren and hating herself.

Camila was gonna walk around today so she took the same train she took everyday.

Getting off at the same stop that she got off of when Lauren followed her, she was walking across that street. She looked back remembering when Lauren told her to flip the penny. A tear brimmed her eyes but she just shook it off.

Camila walked to the farmers market because she missed Lauren and she couldn't take it no more but once she got there, Normani was by herself. Camila couldn't help but to think that this was her fault. she broke the girl.

Later that day Camila is laying on her couch watching some tv and a knock comes from the door. She ignores it at first and then she hears it again. Getting up, she checked the Eye hole and her heart stops. She unlocks the door and Lauren is standing there with her hands in her pocket.

There's nothing but silence between them before a tear comes out of Camila's eye and Lauren pulls her waist in to embrace her in a hug.

Later that Night there Lauren and Camila were on Camila's bed, spooning. Lauren had a protective arm around Camila's waist under the covers and kissed her shoulder and neck every once in a while.

Camila explained to Lauren how if she didn't want to be involved she didn't have to so it was either leave now or never. Camila then spilled the tea that she had her first check up tomorrow morning. Lauren was nervous but she wanted to be there for Camila.
_____________________________________

Dr.Harris had his finger inside of Camila Making sure he didn't feel anything unusual because with inseminations it's difficult. Camila laid back with her eyes closed tight and holding Lauren's hand softly. Lauren cringed at the sound. she seriously did not want to be hear and she was getting dizzy.

"So how'd you guys meet" Dr.harris asked Lauren, still examining Camila.

"Um.. uh. We could talk later.. in your office or whatever." Lauren scratched her head. she was so uncomfortable, but she'd do anything for her Camz.

"Okay, well everything seems right on track-" he was cut off when he pulled the finger out of Camila and Lauren jumped back seeing blood. "just a little blood, quite normal." he reassured.

Lauren's face looked pale

"Lauren you don't have to stay here if you don't want to." Camila softly laughed.

"No, no. Pfft I'm fine, I'm good" Lauren shrugged like it was nothing but it really was something.

"Now we're gonna do an ultrasound. This is where we view the fetus-"

"Ohh. You rub it on her stomach. for a minute there I almost thought you were gonna put that huge thing-" Lauren got worried but was cut off.

"In her vagina?" Dr Harris says as he sticks the Amniocentesis inside Camila's vagina. and with that Camila throws her head back uncomfortably and says

"Oh shit"

Lauren is biting her nails and looking paler then ever while Camila squeezes her hand.

"See, it's too early to go through the abdomen. So this way we have to go through the vagina."

Lauren cringed at that word. she hated it and Dr.Harris noticed.

"Vagina, Vagina, Vagina" He giggled "Maybe if I say it you'll feel a little more comfortable. Vagina" Camila laughed at this. looking at both there faced.

"It's not working" Lauren shut her eyes.

"Okay now Camila, with a little bit of luck, we'll hear a heart beat."

They all turned their heads towards the screen.

"That's it? That little thing. Is everything okay". Camila got a little nervous.

"Yeah everything's jus-"

Camila froze.

"Wha- what?" Lauren asked.

"I hear another heartbeat." Dr.Harris says.

"IT HAS TWO HEARTS?!" Camila screamed scared.

"No, But you have two babies" Dr. Harris said and Camila's mouth dropped and he pulled the Amniocentesis out of her and once Lauren got a quick gaze at it, she passed out. This was all too much for her.
_____________________________________

I'm back! Might finish tonight actually❤️