Home

"Ow ow!!!" Naruto mumbled as he swallowed a hot piece of bar-b-que. Things were going well after Naruto single handedly kicked the tails of ten chunin, much to the surprise of all the jonin that watched.

"So, Naruto, you gotta tell me?"

"Tell you what?"

"How you got so strong!"

Naruto had to smirk. It was not as simple as practicing like mad or studying like crazy. Naruto became strong through incredible pain. When his ocular jutsu came, Naruto was in excruciating pain. It felt as though his eyes were trying to tear themselves from his head. Despite his high tolerance to pain, Naruto had spent days screaming his head off. Eight days later, after the pain faded, Naruto was blind. In his weak eye the Rinningan faded to its weaker form, the Sharingan.

Looking to Kiba Naruto said, "That is an S-ranked secret."

"Awww! No fair!!" Lee protested.

"Now, now everyone. Settle down." Kakashi stood up, gathering everyone's attention. "I propose a toast." He raised his glass. "To Naruto. Welcome home."

"WELCOME HOME!!!!!!" Everyone shouted.

_______________________________________________________

Naruto made his way to his apartment for the first time in three years. The prospect of sleeping in a solid bed was thrilling. In the past three years a normal bed was a rare thing. It had been a jumbled mess of forest floors and musky hotel futons.

When he tried to push his key into lock, it did not fit. Naruto first attributed his struggle to the lack of use, but after a few minutes he doubted that thought. His key no longer matched the lock on his apartment.

It was still early enough to go to the landlord. "Sorry Mr. Tsukiyo. I can't seem to get into my apartment."

"You have been evicted."

"What?"

"Yes, now get out!"

"But why? My rent has been paid in full!"

"Because I don't want you here anymore!" Mr. Tsukiyo slammed the door in Naruto's face.

Naruto banged on the door, "Hey! What about my stuff!"

"It's all been auctioned off."

Naruto stormed away. "Well don't that beat all," he fumed. "This is great. No house, no bed, no money to rent another place." Naruto went to a convenient store, spending the last of his money on a bottle of Earl Gray tea. On a bench outside the store, Naruto sighs in defeat. "Guess it's sleeping in a tree. I can figure out what to do tomorrow.

As Naruto downed the last of his tea Iruka stopped in front of him. "Hey, Naruto!"

"Hey Iruka-Sensei," Naruto said halfheartedly.

"What are you doing out here this late at night?"

Naruto hesitated a moment, contemplating whether he should lie or not. Knowing better, Naruto told him the truth. "I've been kicked out of my apartment. I was getting something to drink and then I was going to go find somewhere to sleep."

Iruka was aghast. Naruto's apartment had been sanctioned by the Third Hokage. It was supposed to be his until Naruto was eighteen. Iruka spent ten minutes storming around, ranting.

Finally, Naruto interjected. "He's been looking for excuses to throw me out ever since Lord Third died. My being away for three years, even though I paid my rent in full, was the perfect opportunity for him to lawfully throw me out."

"Still . . . that apartment was supposed to be yours for another three years!"

"Well we can't do anything about it now. I just need a good mission, then I can see about getting another one. I talk to Lady Tsunade first thing tomorrow." Naruto sighed, "for now I'm going to find somewhere to sleep."

When Naruto got up to walk away Iruka stopped him. "I have a guest room. It's yours if you want."

Naruto looked shocked. The offer was so out of the blue. "Are you sure? I don't want to impose."

Iruka smiled, "Absolutely."

Naruto nodded. "Then can we go home?"

Okay guys, this is my first actual story for others to read. I appreciate any feedback and requests.