Chapter 6 • Insecurity

"I am Hiroki Klein, your executor."

Hiroki? A painful, but quick headache passed through my mind...

###

"I will be the one to take you down, you piece of shit. You will pay for scarring my honour and now...now I will smite you."

I remembered the pelting of heavy rain, the smell of mud mixed with blood and loud yellings. I was on the execution stage in witness of thousands of people with my head on silver stone. I was about to die, but I wasn't afraid. I had killed thousands of innocent people who never deserved death in the first place.

"Kagayuki, responsible for the Capital City Massacre of 3,142 citizens, will now be executed for his unforgivable sin by Royal Court Warrior, Hiroki Klein. As of today, our world will be cleansed from this murderer," announced Governor Julas.

I saw the blade, about to come down, and the face of someone twisted with disgust. Finally, some atonement.

"You're a fool if you thought I was going to let you die," said a familiar voice.

"I know. You'd never let me rest," I replied. I felt a foot against my head, hitting me against the silver.

"What are you talking about, you homicidal lunatic?" said Hiroki. I wasn't even allowed a leverage of burden off my shoulders. I could already feel his presence overwhelming mines and I was powerless to fight against it.

A black shade covered my eyes and for the next few moments, I felt like I was watching slides, image by image. I saw my hand pry the Purging Sword out of Hiroki's hands. I saw guards coming to subdue me, but I had cut them down. I saw Hiroki lying down and bleeding uncontrollably as I cut him down. Then, darkness.

After that, 3,142 came to 5,056 and I was even more infamous.

###

Hiroki was supposed to be my executor?

The hateful person before me revealed a scar on his neck still bleeding. Something was weird, though. It was glowing blue as if something was stopping the bleeding from getting severe. It also seemed to supply him with blood to keep him alive.

I could tell that it was, in no way, healing.

"And I will finally get my revenge for the scar you inflicted upon me!" roared Hiroki and he charged at me. Instinctively, I blocked Hiroki's blade with my left hand, sacrificing it.

I let out a painful gasp as my left hand was severed, but I held in my urge to scream. I thought I was going to heal, but it didn't heal fast as I thought. It was regenerating slower!

Hiroki smiled unpleasantly at me and said, "I upgraded my weapons to silver. The very thing that you non-humans are weak against!"

"And?" I said in a challenging tone.

Hiroki positioned himself again. "I'm going to kill you!"

I dodged his next attacks while getting wounded in the process. How was I going to beat him without any weapons? When I thought of using my sheathed sword, I waved it out of my mind. I wasn't planning to kill him, nor did I plan to kill anyone else.

After minutes of dodging and thinking, I suddenly got an idea. As Hiroki was going for a stab, I dodged to the left and grabbed his arm. Without giving him time to react, I seized his sword's hilt and kicked him hard before he could use his other sword. I had a weapon to use.

I quickly jumped away and planned multiple ways of attacks in my head. This way of thinking felt familiar.

"You bastard!" growled Hiroki and attempted to swing at me. I parried his attack, held his attack and pushed his sword out of his hands harshly. He was defenseless.