Chapter 4

Belinda’s POV

I feel better after I told Michael about the story behind Shoot the Sun Down. He is my best friend ever, my mentor and my role model. He has a way of making me open up to him that no one else has. After what I’ve been through with my previous boyfriend, I thought I could never trust another human being with my deepest thoughts and feelings. But the more I get to know Michael, the more I realize what a wonderful man he is.

He is helping us with our songs, teaching us how to change the melodic line, never tires to repeat till we understand. And when I get him on the phone, I feel such a warm understanding, encouraging me to pour out all my heart. I never felt so close to someone…I never trusted someone so much…I never felt so attracted to someone.

This is my private drama, of course. I know he only sees me as a friend…to tell him that I dream about his big chocolate brown eyes staring into mine…his soft lips kissing mine….his strong arms wrapped around me…Snap out of it, Belinda! Lately I have to say this to myself more than ever. Especially since I spend countless hours at the mixing panel with Michael, rearranging the sounds. Every once in a while, my eyes sneak sideways traveling up and down his lean and sexy body. Like….right now, for instance. I shake my head and rub my eyes a little.

“God, what time is it?”

“Late…or very early in the morning. 3 a.m.”

“We keep some crazy hours, Belinda.”

“We need to fix these songs so we can play them as your opening act.”

“Well…your show is like 30 minutes….and you can cram about 4-5 songs in it…Do you wanna start or finish with Shoot the Sun Down?”

“Start….and end with Ride the Night Wind....hype up the guys, get them nicely roasted, just ready for you.”

He throws back his head and laughs.

“You are something else, Belinda…Roasted, hear her! I’m a vegetarian, girl.”

“A vegetarian who eats chicken from KFC. Last time I checked, chicken was not a vegetable.”

“I am a…particular kind of vegetarian.”

“Yep, one who eats chicken.”

“Come on, it’s late…I’ll drive you home.”

“Right. I can’t focus on anything. Let’s go.”

I sit in the car and let my head fall back on the seat. I close my eyes for one second to rest my tired sight…

I open my eyes slowly. I jump up! What the hell is this???? Where am I? I look at the large bed I’m laying in, the large room with the large windows, all unfamiliar to me. Where AM I? I jump out of bed and see that I’m in the same clothes I wore yesterday, minus the boots that are sitting by the bed. OK…recap, Belinda, recap. I was in the studio, with Michael…rearranging the songs for the tour…we left in the car…he said he’s taking me home, and…Oh, no! I fell asleep in the car and he probably brought me to his home. Oh, so I am at Neverland. Phew! For an instance I thought someone kidnapped me.

I put order in my messy hair and put on my boots and make a careful exit from the room. I nearly bump into Michael in the corridor.

“Oh, good morning, Belinda! I was just coming to check up on you. Did you sleep well?”

“Good morning, Michael. Well….since I don’t remember how I got here, I suppose I slept like the dead.”

“You were out cold the moment we got in the car.”