Chapter 28

Belinda’s POV

I stop to catch my breath. I know when my husband means stuff, and the passion in his voice tells me he means every word of it. I look down at myself. I look OK in this dress, but will his passion stay the same when he sees me naked? Will he still feel attracted to me as a woman? I know he loves me...I can vouch my life on this. But will he feel the same crazy desire for my changed body?

I sense that he is staring at me and try to hide my insecurity. I look in the distance and force a smile.

Suddenly, Michael’s face is blocking the horizon. He is in my face standing right in front of me.

“Belinda...”

His voice is so soft, caressing me like a tender embrace.

“Look at me, Belinda...Look at me, baby. You are beautiful, you are so sexy and you drive me crazy, baby. You gotta believe me, girl. And if you don’t...”

He takes one step closer and his hands grab my waist pulling me into him until our noses touch.

“Like I said...if you don’t I’ll have to prove it to you...all night long. Until you tell me that you believe me, baby girl.”

I sigh out in surprise.

“Tonight is gonna be a special night, Belinda. I want you to get in touch with your deepest desires and fantasies and live them out with me, baby. I will be anything you want me to be...if you promise to be anything I want you to be...”

I squint in surprise. What does he mean?
“Michael...I don’t understand...”

He pecks my lips quickly and winks at me.

“You’ll see later on...Right now, I’m starving, girl! Let’s go and eat.”

He pulls me by the hand and I stumble in my heels a little, causing him to swiftly come behind me and steady me with his arms around my waist.

“Sorry, baby. That was stupid of me.”

I giggle a little and feel something of my own self returning to me.

“Nah, you’re not sorry. That was just an excuse to put your hands on me again.”

He laughs out loud and kisses my neck.

“That’s my wife...witty and a bit mischievous...but that’s what makes me love you so much.”

“Are you trying to win back my good graces the easy way?” I ask turning in his arms and arching a brow.

He bites his lip smiling and shakes his head.

“Nothing is easy when it comes to you. You don’t offer yourself on a plate. And that is something I truly respect, Belinda. You know your worth, you know the value of your feelings and you expect as much as you give...and that is everything: heart, body and soul. And this is what I vowed to give you all my life the day I married you. And I will keep this vow to you and give you all that I am every minute of every hour for as long as I live.”

Michael has this knack to switch from ordinary conversation to deep and meaningful words, giving me the full richness of his brilliant mind. I feel privileged to get insight into the way he thinks, into the wonderful universe of his spirit. This alone and I feel blessed to be his wife and have his full confidence and trust to open up to me in this way.

Finally we have arrived at our destination. I see the beautifully set table under the Giving Tree and I smile. Gosh, he’s such an incurable romantic!

“Michael, this is beautiful! Thank you!”

“Don’t thank me. I thank you. You deserve all these and much, much more.”