Chapter 13

Belinda’s POV

I nod after I finish talking to Asis and with the corner of my eye I notice Michael heading straight towards us with burning eyes. I mean, if eyes could ever slice like a samurai sword, Michael’s eyes at this moment could do it. I decide to mess with him a little.

I walk casually here and there, until I feel a strong hand on my arm pulling me into one of the private rooms.

“Soo…were you having fun?” asks Michael raising his eyebrows at me.

I giggle and nod.

“Actually yes.”

“Who was that big, burly, bearded guy you were speaking with?”

“Oh, that fine looking man?”

“Fine looking?”

“He is tall…stout….solid…you know…Anyway, he’s Asis Nasseri, the leader of the German band Haggard.”

“And what are they doing here?”

“Well… just a few miles away from here there’s the Rock Am Parque festival going on. You know, a bit like Woodstock, but for heavy metal music.”

“So…what did he want to talk to you about?”

I giggle some more to see Michael working himself up so much.

“Weeeelllll….he asked me something…and I’d like to say yes.”

By now poor Michael is hyperventilating and pacing the room like a caged panther. Suddenly he throws a fist in the wall and leaves a visible indentation in it.

“DAMMIT! WHAT DID HE ASK YOU????”

I cup his frowning face and make him look at me.

“Are you jealous by any chance?”

“Pshaw, what are you talking about?”

Then, pinning me suddenly against the wall:

“Damn right I’m jealous. C’mon, baby, stop this….what did that infernal guy ask you????”

“Well, if you really wanna know, he told me that their female lead vocal has a terrible cold and they need to perform in three days from now. And he asked me if I’d be interested to take her place for this performance only. He has our album, and he spoke very nicely of you and how you’re helping our band…Really, Michael, there’s no need for you to be jealous. I love you, baby, and I’m faithful to you, OK?”

He takes a deep breath and chuckles letting go of me and I embrace him.

“You surely know how to twist the most innocent story ever into a conspiracy, girl” he giggles with his face in the crook of my neck.

“So, can I do it? Technically, you own our copyrights and you are the one who should give me permission.”
“Of course you can do it, baby. We have this week long break and there’s no problem.”

“Great, thanks. You were funny, though. What did you think he asked me, to marry him?”

“Don’t let me get started, Belinda.”

“For your information, Asis is happily married and has a three-year-old son.”

“Yeah?”

My wicked streak takes hold of me again.

“Neah, he’s single and he even told me that I have a great ass.”

Michael goes all pale and wild again.