Chapter 8

Adira was walking to her bedroom when she heard someone coming inside her house.

"Adira!" She heard Godric's worried voice.

"Yeah?" Adira yelled back at him and Godric ran to her and started touching her face. Adira wasn't sure what was happening but it seemed like he thought she was hurt some reason.

"Are you hurt, my heart?" Godric asked her, keeping his hands on her cheeks. Godric had never called her "my heart" but Adira loved the nickname.

"I'm fine, Godric. What's going on?" Adira asked the vampire, confused.

"I think you're in danger," Godric told her before kissing her temple. Godric took her hand and led her to her bedroom. Godric still couldn't believe that he loved every way he could touch his girl. He used to hate touching anyone who wasn't Eric, even if it was just as small as shaking hands. He had sex a lot but hated when they tried to cuddle with him or anything like that. She wouldn't mind with Adira though. He actually waited that to happen.

They walked in her bedroom and Adira sat down on her bed. Godric kneeled in front of her and took a hold of her hands. Godric looked at what she was wearing in her feet and smiled a bit until turning to look into her eyes.

"Godric, I'm getting scared. Tell me what's happening," Adira pleaded and so Godric told her a story about how he met Finn not long after he had made Eric. Finn was a young vampire who loved his maker deeply and often thought that she was perfection in earth.

"So what happened?" Adira wondered aloud.

"His maker, Elizabeth fell in love with Eric and he didn't feel the same way about her. They slept together, of course but Eric didn't want to commit with her. Eric enjoyed sleeping with different people every night too much.

Elizabeth got mad when she saw Eric sleeping with one of the humans she had in her home and decided to kill the human and Eric. Luckily I was close and was there in time to save him. Elizabeth was much older than Eric was, so she could've easily kill him but I was older. I staked her just as Finn walked in and he promised to end Eric and me and everyone we would hold dear."

"So what you're saying is that Eric couldn't keep his pants on and made Finn's maker fall in love with, so now that I'm dating you this Finn guy wants to make you suffer by killing me or-- or even something worse?" Adira asked him, putting her hands on her face.

"Adira--"

"I can't believe this is happening! What are we going to do?" Adira asked.

"Hey, hey.Everything is going to be fine. I'll not let anything happen to you, my heart," Godric told her as he was caressing her hair. Godric realized after finding out about Finn that Adira really was his heart. He couldn't let anything happen to her. He hadn't felt like this about anyone in his long life but he was too selfish to leave her. He knew it would be safest to Adira but he couldn't do it.

"Has he killed a lot of your-- err-- lovers?" Adira asked, awkwardly after lifting her head to look at her vampire.

"Yes, over the centuries. Why?" Godric wasn't really sad about them because he didn't care about any of them as much as he did about Adira and they died so long ago.

"Do you think he killed them because of his revenge or was he jealous?"

"Jealous? About what?"

"About you. You were lovers back then."

"No. We never really cared about each other. It was just sex," Godric told her, truthfully.

"How about me?" Adira asked, blushing.

"What about you?" Godric asked as he put some of her hair behind her ear.

"What do you feel about me?"

"I love you with all of my unbeating heart," Godric told her and before he had finished his last word, he could feel warm lips on his.

"I love you too," Adira told him, smiling so big that it could almost start his heart before she kissed him again.

"Do you know what else I love?" Godric asked her before kissing her right hand.

"What's that?"

"Your shoes," Godric said, smiling a little bit.

"You mean my Myrnin slippers?"

"They are a guy's shoes?" Godric asked confused.

"No," Adira laughed, "They are what Myrnin was wearing in the book series Morganville vampires. He's a vampire scientist."

"So I'm not enough for you? You need other vampires," Godric joked before making Adira to lay down and starting to kiss her.

"I'll show you that you won't need your book vampires anymore. You have me."'

"That I do," Adira said, smiling before taking a hold of his shirt and led him by it back to her lips.