Chapter Two

It had been a week since Athena turned fifteen she had been a part of the Elm family for four years in the past four years a lot of happy things had happened to her. The basket of eggs hatched into a Weedle, a Burmy which evolved into Mothim a native of Hoenn, a  Bergmite which evolved into Avalugg a native of Kalos,a Cubchoo which evolves into Beartic, a Pansear and a Panpour also natives of Unova. Athena rescued a Rhydon which evolved into Rhyperior from a hunter in the caves, a Milktank followed her home from her field research one day a while back, she also found a Magnemite which evolved into Magnezone and a Munchlax that evolved into Snorlax abandoned outside the Pokemon Center where her mother worked. She couldn't believe at how lucky she was when her parents both agreed that she should be their new trainer. Athena had been training her pokemon making them stronger both physically and mentally, she made her own pokemon food and also her own medicines for the pokemon.

Athena had also attended Pokemon Academy graduating top of her class, she had met Professor Samuel Oak her father's friend he had give her AlphaDex his latest creation that allowed Pokemon from every Region to be added to the Pokedex. Professor Oak had also told her about Mega Evolution and about other things. She had recently met the Hoenn Champion Steven Stone in Johto Falls when her father had asked her to research a rare Pokemon known as Dragonair. Steven had given her a Beldum which later evolved into it's final evolution Metagross. Nurse Joy was so happy to see her daughter making new friends with the pokemon she was so proud of how far her daughter had come since that day her husband had brought Athena into their life. Over time they realised that Arceus in fact had answered their prayers.

That night as they were all sitting down to a meal Athena had cooked Professor Elm spoke up saying it was time that Athena went on her journey he knew how much his daughter loved him but he wanted her to be happy he thought that by going on a journey of her own she would make new friends both human and pokemon alike  that she would have fun. Athena had wanted to go on a journey but she was too afraid that if she did she would abandon her family for selfish reasons. Both Nurse Joy and her husband agreed that Athena should go on a journey that they would take care of everything.

After speaking to her pokemon Athena agreed it was time for her to begin her journey but she told her parents she would begin in a few weeks that until then they were stuck with her. Athena had met Ethan Gold, Lyra Crystal and Silver Gio, her neighbors and friends a few years ago while attending the Academy, Silver had knocked her over by accident after he tripped on a Poliwag's tail and they had been friends since then. Yes Silver could be sometimes mean distant and annoying but he always was nice to Athena it was like they had a sibling bond or something he was protective of her.

A year after Professor Elm and Nurse Joy had taken Athena in, Silver, Gold and Crystal had went on their journey while Athena stayed at home. Professor Elm had given Silver Totodile he gave Lyra aka Crystal Cyndaquil and he gave Ethan aka Gold Chickorita. He had given his daughter a Growlithe but sometime later it had to be put to sleep as it had been injured when there was a break in, in the Lab. Athena missed Charmer her beloved Growlithe but she knew that he would want her to be strong so instead of giving into depression she began training her pokemon.

A month ago Lance from the Elite Four one of the strongest trainers in Johto came to visit her father he saw how she was great at caring for her pokemon and he challanged her to a battle. As this was her first real battle as a trainer she agreed nervously, she heard her pokemon telling her that they could no would win this battle to show how strong she had made them that all the training they had done together had paid off. After an hour Lance admitted out loud that he had in fact lost to a new trainer. Athena and her pokemon danced around the garden happily Athena smiled she couldn't believe she had beaten Lance the Champion in her very first battle as a trainer.

When Lance left New Bark Town to go to Black Thorn City to visit his cousin the Gym Leader Claire he gave Athena a charm bracelet with a pokeball charm on it, Athena hugged him thanking him for his beautiful thoughtful gift. Athena had made a big gift box of pokemon food specifically for Dragon Type pokemon, Lance thanked her and climbing on to Dragonite's back he flew off into the night. Athena had also met Ash and Red Ketchum who absolutely adored the pancakes she made them for breakfast. Athena noticed how well the Ketchum Twins had taken care of their pokemon and she smiled handing them some of the jars of pokemon food she had created. Their pokemon loved the food and ran to hug Athena causing her to fall over. When the Ketchum boys left Athena was wondering what to bring on her journey.

Meanwhile in Azealea Town Kevin had two more days to wait until his journey would begin, his mother placed his dinner in front of him after he had given his pokemon their food. He thought how lucky he was to have them and that in two days time he would finally be a trainer then he could make new friends and travel round the Johto region. In two more days he would turn ten years old the age for a boy or girl from Johto to go on their journey and get their first pokemon from the Professor. Kevin had his backpack already packed his mother had bought him a few things for his journey new clothes new shoes a map some potions a pokeball known as a levelball and a new poke-gear.

When Kevin was finished he took the plates to the sink washed the plates dried them and put them away before going outside to train his new pokemon his new friends. He had Pichu from the egg his father had given him two pokemon he found abandoned by their original trainer in the Ilex Forest these were Eevee & Poliwag, two pokemon who wandered into his garden after they were confused by Confuse Ray a Zubat had attacked them Cleffa & Igglybuff, a finally a Slowpoke followed him home from  well where he went to train his pokemon. Kevin was afraid that his mother wouldn't let him keep them but seeing how happy her son was she agreed they could stay. Kevin's mom Helena told him that she had spoken to Professor Elm and that there was a very special birthday present waiting for him at the Lab in New Bark Town, that tomorrow they would stay in a room at the Pokemon Centre in Cherry Grove City over night as a mini vacation.

Kevin hugged his mother happily she had been through alot especially when they had found out that Kevin's father was actually still alive but had a whole new life new wife new family new kids. Helena told her son that before they thought that his father had died Damien had left them that the divorce had come through a month before the incident. After all this time Kevin finally knew the truth feeling torn he kind of hated his father for what he had done to this family but he thought about his beloved Pichu who refused to evolve because she didn't want to.He still couldn't believe that his father had lied to him for so long allowing him to believe that he was dead when really he wasn't.

Kevin went to bed early laying in his bed he fell asleep a short time later dreaming about his starter pokemon Professor Elm was going to give him.

In New Bark Town Athena finished helping her mother out in the Pokemon Center and went to bed. Her pokemon were already asleep on the spare bed in the room next to her bed. Smiling she changed into her pyjamas got into her bed and fell into a deep sleep, Arceus appeared to her and told her that she was to give the new trainer a special present in two days and that this boy would be travelling with her.