Chapter Three

In the Home of the Elite Four and Champion Lance recalled his battle with Athena, he smiled remembering how a novice trainer had beaten him normally he would have been very upset at his loss but there was just something about Athena he couldn't stay upset with at all. He told the others about his defeat they listened in shock and awe at his recollection of events. The Elite Four were now lucking forward to the upcoming battles they would have with Athena.

In Cherry Grove City Kevin woke up earlier than usual he was excited as it was his tenth birthday two days had passed since he traveled with his mother on the ship, Kevin would be getting his new starter today. Getting ready for his new adventure, he thought about the new pokemon he would meet in the future. Kevin got dressed had breakfast and made his way to the lab where Athena was helping her father get the pokemon ready. Today would also be the start of Athena's journey but she had yet to find that out. Kevin looked at his town map his mother had given him looking for the closest route to bring him to the lab taking route twenty-nine, some time later he arrived at the lab smiling to himself he took a deep breath and entered the lab.

Inside the lab Athena was with her father waiting for Kevin the new trainer to collect his new starter, Athena did a last minute check to the starter pokemon when she noticed Kevin coming in the door with a smile on his face.  A few introductions later Athena smiled as Kevin chose Totodile and Charmander as his starters Professor Elm handed him his new Pokedex and pokeballs for his pokemon. Professor Elm handed his daughter her pokeballs and a backpack with all her things in it and gave her permission to carry an unlimited amount of pokemon. After grabbing all her pokeballs with her pokemon Athena knew it was time to go on her journey saying goodbye to her mother and father she asked Kevin if she could join him on his journey.

Kevin agreed Athena handed him an egg for his birthday, Kevin took the egg from her putting it in the incubator in his backpack and they journeyed back to route twenty-nine. Athena offered to show Levin how to catch pokemon he watched her as she showed him. Athena caught a Shiny Cascoon that is a native of Hoenn which was strange. After a couple of hours later both Kevin and Athena had found captured a lot of pokemon and Kevin's Totodile had evolved gaining new moves as well.

Athena looked at her pokedex as a new pokemon walked out in front of her the pokemon was a shiny growlithe tears fell down her face while she remembered her beloved growlithe. Athena froze for a moment before taking out an empty pokeball bending down she asked Growlithe if it wanted to come with her. Nodding yes Growlithe tapped the pokeball with its paw getting sucked into it.

Ding!!! Athena caught a high level Growlithe with amazing moves. Kevin cheered for Athena. Before long they were in Cherry Grove City. They walked to where Helena (Kevin's mom) to show her his pokemon.  They stayed until the next morning.