Home sweet home

We have finally arrived at my apartment. I can’t believe it is really mine. It is just perfect! I am on the highest level of the building, it's actually the loft of the building, but it is transformed into another apartment. It is not big though, but enough for me. It has one hall including the kitchen, dining room, and the living room. The bedroom is separated, which is pretty small, and a bathroom  which includes a bath, a toilet and a sink. There are a lot of windows in the apartment, what kind of makes me question why. Why do you need windows in a loft? The apartment has a few other furniture items besides the bathroom, like a full kitchen including a fridge, a table and a chair that looks like it has been there for centuries. An alright looking couch and a giant, but horrible looking bed. The walls are all white, well at least they used to be. They turned a bit yellow and green because of the time and lack of care. I do have electricity, a heath, water and other things like that though, but what kind of surprises me is this furniture.

I take another look around and smile proudly. I made this possible! No one else.

"You did pretty well sleeping beauty or coffee hater" Carter says with a half smile. I nod and cannot resist jumping and screaming around like a little kid, but I keep myself calm.

There is a note lying on the table. I take the note from the table and read it out loud. "Dear Miss Brooks, I could not stay at your apartment forever, but I've taken a look around and from the point I'm standing, I think it's beautiful! A young woman like yourself can definitely make something of it.  So that's one thing. Now about the school. I don't think Carter has showed you the things he should've shown you-" I giggle loudly while Carter coughs and looks at me like he does not know what I am talking about. I continue reading out loud. "So we will get to that later on. Next week on Wednesday you start your first day of college. Your lesson schedule and your classes will be sent to your mail. Also, the extra information you need to know has been mailed. Further more.. Nothing I think. I will see you Wednesday at nine o’clock.

Kind regards, Miss Hudson."

I immediately search through my bags and try to find my laptop and other stuff. Got it. I take my laptop out and start it up. "I can always help you, you know." Carter says. "Thanks Carter." I answer a bit distracted. I have one week to get everything done. My apartment, then all the rooms, my school supplies and last but not least, myself! I take a deep breath. I am sitting on the ground with my laptop on my legs. Carter comes over to sit next to me. He looks at my screen. My mail just popped up. I have several new mails.  Two from my friends back home - I mean what used to be my home. One from my mom and one from my dad. The two latest emails are from Miss Hudson. I want to open them, but I feel really tired. My eyes are almost closed! "It's been a long day. Why don't you go take a nap. I will wake you up later on so I can show you Manhattan at night. Okey?" Carter asks. I look at him and nod slowly. I put my laptop aside and stand up. I leave the room and go to bed. When my head finally hits the pillow, I fall asleep right away. A lot of things flash through my mind, but I am too tired to think properly. So the only thing I allow in my mind is my dream.