New York never sleeps

"Wakey wakey, Sleeping beauty." I groan and turn around. The blanket gets robbed from me. I shiver. Serious? Does he really need to do that? While my eyes are closed, I try to find the blanket as my hand moves through space. Nothing! I sigh loudly full of irritation. "Come on sleepyhead! Don't you want to see New York at midnight? It's beautiful.." Carter says softly while shaking me up and down. I slowly open my eyes. My room has been cleaned up. I mean really clean. I see no dust or any other filthiness in the room. I look confused at Carter. He smiles proudly. "Yep. I cleaned your apparent. I tried to sleep, but someone snores very loudly while she is asleep." He says sarcastically. He pulls me up softly and gentle. I can‘t believe it. He really cleaned my whole apparently! From excitement I hug him tightly. "Thank you." I whisper in his ear. He laughs and nods. "No problemo!" I smile at him. I know I just met him, but he is really kind and stuff. So I do not feel frightened by him. I think it's his eyes. "You know. I think I forgot your name again. Can you repeat it for me?" He asks not quite sure how to ask it. "Catherine remember? Or Cathy if that's easier for you." I answer with a smirk on my face. He blushes and scratches his back. "Sorry. I'm not really good at remembering stuff.." He answers shyly. I giggle and turn around to my bags. Carter has probably brought them to my room by now. I zip open one of the bags full of clothes. I take a dress that's above my knees. It is a maroon red one. It has a gap in the back and fits perfectly. "You know you can also dress up here in this room with me next to you?" Carter says with a half smile while he wiggles his eyebrows. I turn around and throw a denim jacket at his head. "I still don't know why you're actually still here in my apartment." I answer a bit angry because this shows he only wants to make out with me. "Wow! Sorry Cat. I didn't mean it like that. Really. I was just fooling with you." Carter answers, shocked. He puts his hands in the air like we are in some kind of police movie. I sigh and apologize. I walk to the bathroom and change into my dress. My dark brown hair is messed up and full of tangles. I brush them all out, which leaves my hair perfectly next to my head and not above it.  I do the other usual things and turn back to Carter, who is sitting next to the big windows and staring out of it. Perhaps he heard me walking, because now he is staring up at me. He smiles. "You look amazing." I'm also smiling. "Thanks." I answer politely. "Let's explore the world of the night!" Carter screams enthusiastically.

We are sitting in a taxi with a grumpy driver, on our way to Broadway. The city looks amazing at night. It's like you are in a whole different city. Everywhere I look there are lights and people. It's like the city is finally awake.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" Carter asks. I smile and agree with him.

Broadway is absolutely stunning. Everywhere I look there are theatres, gigantic posters with a musical or a theatre show on it.  There are people walking, screaming and laughing. It feels like I am in a musical or a theater show right now. Carter wakes me up from my day -actually night- dream. "Let's see it from a closer view" Carter suggests. The taxi driver sets off to one of the biggest theaters in Broadway. I open my door and a mixed sound of honking cars, screaming people and metros racing beneath us fills my ears. I step outside while Carter pays the taxi driver. When he's done, he comes to stand next to me. "So?" He asks with a big smile on his face. "It's beautiful." I answer with a smile.

We walk around Broadway. I let Carter talk about this place like he is a tour guy. Of course I listen to everything he has to say, even though he says a lot.

Later on we walk further to Time Square, which took my breath away because it is an amazing place.

I have been to New York before, including Broadway and Time Square, but this city still amazes me.