Chapter 9

(200 views?! I LIKE THAT 👊
Thanks a lot now here it is)

Naruto's POV

"Tenten" the brunette showed no signs of agreeing or even disagreeing, she was troubled in her mind weighing the pros and cons of the situation, I don't blame her, she's been in this town before I even met her, moreover, it's too dangerous for her to stay here.

I look to my side to see Hinata sitting there with a hopeful glow in her eyes as she is too hoping for Tenten to agree, I look back at the brunette as her mouth begins to quiver, she was looking around frantically hoping for an excuse "Tenten.." I grab her shoulders with a firm grasp as her chocolate orbs stare straight into my blue ones "...this town will be a battlefield and I won't allow you to be part of it..." I continued as I could still see the doubt in her eyes "B-but I just can't leave! I-I, this is my home!" she protested "Tenten!" I shouted back shaking her shoulder lightly to make a point.

I could see Hinata having her inner turmoil as she was diddling her fingers in her tight shirt. I could tell she cared about Tenten despite only meeting her for a few hours. I turn back to Tenten who's still in doubt, with a defeated sigh I let go, bringing my hands back to my side's and accepted it "Fine, do as you wish" I said solemnly

Tenten just stood there with one hand over her shoulder looking at the floor. I walk back to Hinata who also had a crestfallen face, "Let's go Hinata" I said retrieving my bag noticing the slight restriction these bandages were giving me. Standing back up I noticed I'm still shirtless with black khakis on. I grab a white shirt that was inside my bag and began to put it on, I could see Hinata staring. For some reason, her staring made me feel self-conscious? I must be losing it.

"Thanks for everything Tenten" I said walking to the same spot that she has been, "This is it, goodbye" she didn't respond back or even look at me, Tenten, one of the few people I am concerned about, however, I must respect her decision "G-Goodbye Tenten-san, thank you for everything" Hinata said with a bow as Tenten gave her a nod and a sad smile. It is what it is.

~

After we both step outside her front door we could tell that the weather was going to be manageable today, I hand Hinata her cloak as she was looking rather revealing in her pajamas, I dig into my bag retrieving mine, "Fuck" was all I said, my cloak was completely torn and shattered and going out in public was completely out of the question, I had to conceal my scimitars too. "Is e-everything okay?" Hinata timidly responds at my rudeness, she looks at what I'm holding out and lets out a soft "oh".

I pinch the bridge of my nose and shut my eyes as I was preparing myself to propose the most stupid idea at the moment. The indigo-haired girl cocks her head to the side as she was confused at my antics, 'well shit' I could feel heat rising to my face "Hinata I'm gonna have to use your cloak, and we're just gonna have to share till we reach the exit" I could see her face slowly turning into a red tomato, she was processing what I said and her response was an "Ehhh!?!"

~

Hinata's POV

I could feel every muscle in his body as we walked together, he was using my cloak and holding me inside to cover me up, the cloak was long enough to hide our feet and bodies, no one will question it. I could feel my face heat up as who knows what shades my face was currently turning. I could feel the hilts of his swords lightly poke me with every step, "We're almost there" I heard him whisper, we are so close... his scent was making me dizzy and yet warming, how did I agree to this?

We kept taking slow steps as he came to a complete stop, of course, I didn't know that so I kept walking only to feel his hand being placed on my stomach and pushed my back into his rigid chest,  sending jolts through my body "Sir, I'm going have to search you, there's been recent merchandise was stolen, all I need to do is check" 'Oh no!' I overheard as I could hear footsteps slowly surrounding us "I'm sure you understand" the soldier smugly said.