Chapter 6: Why Me

Chapter 6: Why Me

Song:

_____________________________________________________________________

I slammed my head against the hard cold surface of my white desk as I waited for this hell to end. Many people, who were my age, sat around each other while I was in the top row all alone, with the exception of a few strays. The entrance of the room was right next to me, and the floor lowered at each row of desk, caving in at the bottom where screen was.

At least the uniform for males looked presentable, but the girls here have been running around with the shortest pieces of cloth I have ever seen.

I looked at my position in the class, and saw that I was in the section furthest away from the window.

Now...I'm forced pay attention....

"Hola, my beautiful people!"

A young man barged into the door, and yelled right next to me. His voice echoed as it traveled through my ears, making my head hurt. I turned my head to him, he had a dark tannish shade of skin like Professor Catast, but he was much younger. The boy's hair was brown, and all pushed back. He was like any other eleventh grader here, but made it seem like me was better.

"Alexander!" Many of the girls in the room squealed his name. "Welcome back!"

"Ah yes, it's a pleasure to be here...in the presence of all of you, of course."

He took one small step down the stairs, but abruptly stopped. The room fell silent, and everybody looked at me. Even Alexander was glaring at me with the same type of rage Brendan looked at me with when we met. Instead of being phased of any of this, I played along and did the same right back.

"And who might you be?" His voice was slightly different than before.

"Dimitri Grey." I mockingly spoke. "You must be, Alexander! Well...that's how a majority of the girls here said it, right?"

Everyone gasped, but all he did was push his hair back slowly and laughed.

"Dimitri, you are ok." He strongly patted the top of my head, and lifted his other arm. "He's one of us everyone!"

The silence broke when people began cheering. Looking around, people actually noticed me now even though I have been sitting here for twenty minutes.

Once Alexander walked away, and sat in a desk far from mine two girls approached me. One of them had long light blonde, and dark blue eyes. She seemed to be very confident in her self, seeing that she had her large chest stuck out in my face and her chin up high. The other had very short brown hair, and hazel eyes. She was a little smaller than the girl next to her, but seemed just as confident.

"Dimitri right?" The blonde haired girl pointed to me. "Well, I'm Terra and..."

"I'm Mae!" The brown haired girl winked at me. "We were just wondering if you would like-"

"Bleh, this act is too see through." Terra slid a flyer to me. "We're hiring too, so if you want come check it out."

"Terra, you should've just went along with what Elliot and Juliet told us to do!" Mae whined. "Sorry about that Dimitri, we didn't mean to put on a show like this."

"No problem, it's actually quite entertaining." I was being sarcastic, but it didn't come out at I wanted it to.

Mae blushed while Terra just laughed.

I guess she was able to catch on.

"Nice try, but I like your effort." Terra fixed her shirt. "It seems like you would be a good add on to our staff."