Chapter 3: First Day

JASMINE POV

Monday

I opened my bedroom door and laid down. Today was the first day of my new school and I was tired as hell. I took of my shoes and groaned. I dont know about this new school.

(7:00 A.M.)

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock on my phone. I wanted to go back to sleep but it was my first day of my new school! I was kinda excited but not at the same time. Going to a new school means making new friends. I hope the people their aren't ratchet like the people at my old school.

Shaking the thoughts away I got up and hopped in the shower. I got out and brush my teeth. I looked through my closet; what should I wear today? I took out black shorts and Celtics muscle shirt that was green. I went to my dresser to put on some black bra and panties. I put on shorts and shirt. I flat ironed my hair, put my white Nike socks and, green Converse's. To put the finishing touch, I put on a green bandana around my hair.

I grabbed my phone and bookbag then went down stairs. I saw my mom sleep on the couch with a bottle next to her. I shook my head and went out the door. I started to walk for awhile but then stopped. I took out my phone to call Taylor to give me a ride to school. Knowing his dumb ass, he prob a sleep.

I stood their for a couple of minutes waiting for him to pick up; but he didn't. I shook my head and walked to the bus stop. Never count on a niggah.

***

I got off the bus,  and started walking to my new school. It was bigger than my old school. They had a football, track and, soccer field.  The words: WILSON HIGH stood before me. It was a lot of people here. Jocks near their Mustang's, nerds at the table playing chess, cheer leaders praticing cheers. Which seem kind of odd to me. I just shrugged it away and started to walk in the school. I walked around looking for the main office. After about 10 minutes wondering around, I finally found it.

"Um, excuse me?" I said walking into the office. Their was 5 chairs, bookshelf, desk and, posters that says stop bullying. Behind the desk was a tall skinny lady with a big chest and long black hair.

"New?" she asked looking at some papers. I nodded.

"Name?"

"Jasmine Perez, 12th grade." I said looking around the office. She nodded and handed me my schelude. Then she grabbed it back and said:

"I almost forgot, what extra class would you like to pick:Nursing, Military or, Dance?", she asked with a pen in her hand.

"Umm, Nursing." I said with a smile. I always wanted to help old sick people in the hospital.

"Sorry, nursing is full; so is military. You have dance, 5 rooms down on your left.",she said holding out my schelude. I snatched it out of her hand and roll my eyes. Dumb thot. I walked out the office to get to the dance room.

When I got there,their was girls doing ballet and twerking. I shook my head as I entered the room. Some people turned their heads, while others just kept doing whatever they was doing. Half of the dance room was filled with mirrors while the other was a regular wall. I dropped my bags and started to stretch.

I use to dance when I was little, like 3 years old. I remember doing ballet and hip hop. Those was the days, with my lil dance recitals.  I stopped dancing because I fell on my leg wrong. I was in the hospital for like months. But when I got out, my mom stop taking me to dance class.

"Ok class, my name is Dora and I will be your instructer today.", said a girl who was kind of short with curly short hair. I started to laugh because she did remind me of Dora. Everyone got up to the middle of the floor ready to dance. I just sat against the wall. I really didn't feel like dancing.