Chapter 1

Via's POV

I walked into the courtroom, with all the guys surrounding me. Cam seemed distant, but maybe that was just because the judge was to decide what to do with me, and Cam was like an older brother to me. I subconsciously stared down at my stomach through my loose shirt remembering the scars littering my body. Shuddering, I moved to my seat and sat down, staring impassively at the judge. The boys filed into the row behind me, and took their seats, shuffling around and generally making small noises.

The judge tapped on the desk with the gavel. "Order in the court." I looked at my hands. "The reason we are here today is to decide whose custody Olivia should be put in. I've taken the liberty to read over the case and make a decision. The court has found Olivia's closest relative and we will send her to live with him." She looked at me. "Olivia, are you okay with living with your brother?" I looked at her. "How old is he?" I whispered. She glanced at the file on her desk. "He's 23." I nodded. "I'll go wait in the lobby for him to pick me up." I got out of my seat and started walking to the entrance of the court room. But the judge's voice stopped me. "Wait, your brother is right here in this room."

I stopped and looked around the room for any indication that someone was here to love me. Cam stood up. I looked at him quizzically. "Cam, do you know who my brother is?" He just stared at me, his eyes kind. "Via, I am your brother."