United We Stand, Divided We Fall

Before the dawn of space and time, there was the void. And in the void was nothingness. But yet there was life. Creatures of the darkness roamed the darkness of the void. No man knows whence these beings came, and even fewer care to find out, for the horrors of the creatures later named Demons freeze any mortal man's blood.

For uncounted years the Demons travelled through the endless night. Bloodthirsty and savage, they killed their own kin to satisfy their eternal hunger. Yet darkness could never reign forever. And out of the darkness came the Elder Gods, children of Light. And they fought with the Demons, in a long and destructive war, a war so immense no being may ever begin to comprehend its scale. For eons this far or Gods raged. Eventually, the tide of battle shifted. A hero among the Gods arose, named Herodus, who finally vanquished the Demons and drove the to near extinction towards the edge of the universe.

Now there was peace in the void, and the Elder Gods held a great council on what action they should now take. And after much debating they reasoned that they would create a world, a world of light where creature of their nature and imagination could live in peace and light.

So the Elder Gods set out to create this world, this Earth. By combining all their strength, power and ingenuity they forced the elements to obey their will and created a world. But when the Elder Gods looked down on it they were much troubled, for the earth was displeasing and a sore to their eyes.

Therefore the Elder Gods descended upon the Earth and created all the things that are in it. Huflkah made the air, and the winds and the clouds with all their many shapes. And he dwelt in the air. And ever looked down on the world, watcing it from above, ever aware of all the deeps of the other Gods.

And Trefkan made the earth, and all that is in it. And imbued it with precious ores and gems of many hues. And he raised up mountains to be closer to Huflkah his brother and he dwelt in the depths of the earth, ever making things of great beauty from the resources he wrough deep in the earth.

Islenah created plants and all things that are green. The small and the big, the grass and the trees. And flowers of much beauty and splendour, and plants to fill the belly of every living creature. Yet they relied on water, which there was not yet. And if there was no water her plants would wither and die. And she summoned many spirits and they took residence within the creations of Islenah, and guarded them against all evil.

Ires made the water, and the Oceans; the rivers, streams and brooks. And he also made rain, which he wrough with Hulfkah, so as to draw water and air closer together, and he creates the rain to strengthen the creations of Islenah, so that they may grow and prosper.

And Fulkrah descended from the home of the Elder Gods and created beasts. Beasts of many different sizes and shapes. Some terrifying to mortal man, yet without malice, and some beautiful and kind to everything. And he created creatures out of his own imagining, and they filled the earth. Yet Huflkah and Ires came and said unto Fulkrah "We have see the vast multitude of beasts thou hast created of thine own imagining to inhabit the land created by Islenah and Trefkan. Yet our domains stand empty and are devoid of life. Therefore we beseech thy to fill the them with life, and creatures of our own design, that they may be our eyes and ears, and like children unto us."

And Fulkrah hearkened and after counselling with his brethren he created the creates of the sea, and gave them the power to survive without air. And he created the fowl of the air, giving them mastery of the air, and Huflkah and Ires were glad.

And when this had been done the Elder Gods of the Creation stepped back to view this world that they had created, and they were glad, and feasted together for the space of many years. Yet they sensed that their work was not yet done, and they set out and embarked on the biggest and most important idea that eventual changed that fate of the whole universe.