d.w. - chapter 1

The bell rang to start my first day of junior year. How exciting, I'm officially an upperclassman!

"Hey girl, hey!" Mercedes called and locked arms with me.

"I've missed you, munchkin." I smiled at her.

"Me too." She sighed. "How's Randy doing?"

"He and I are still going strong. Can you believe it's been a year already?"

"Yeah, how crazy. You guys are just that much in love, that even long distance works." She chuckled.

"It's not easy, but the love is there. Plus, he's coming back once he's done his four semesters over there."

"You can't completely count on him coming back, though."

I looked down. "I know, but there's nothing wrong with a little hope."

"Family comes first, you know that. And his family in St. Louis needs him right now."

"I know, it just sucks to hear that."

She patted my shoulder and sent me a sympathetic look.

"It's gonna be okay, honey."

"Class, let's begin." Our teacher settled us down and started to lecture.

-

My first week was annoying, of course. The same boring 'introductory' lectures and stuff...

I did get in trouble, though. In my physics class, I cursed at my teacher. Of course, it landed me a Saturday detention.

"What the hell has gotten into you, CJ?" My mom asked, while signing my detention slip.

I shrugged. "He was being rude to me and singling me out for no apparent reason. It's the first week, for Christ's sake!"

"Yeah, which baffles me as to why you've already received one of these." She said, referring to the slip in her hand.

I smacked the gum in my mouth. "I grew up, mom." With that, I snatched the slip out of her hand and turned away from her.

"I'm not gonna sign the next one!" She called after me.

"Good! I'll be sure to forge it."

I slammed by bedroom door shut behind me and jumped into my bed.

My phone started ringing and I picked it up with a smile. "Hey babe."

"Hello, my love." His sexy voice sounded through the phone.

"Can I tell you something?"

"Of course you can."

"I miss you."

"I miss you too, baby."

"No, I meant I miss you...like I miss your dick."

He chuckled a bit through the phone. "But you haven't had it yet."

"Exactly! I've only had your fingers and now I regret not letting you fuck me." I practically whined.