Love me Drowned

It was a sunny afternoon and of course someone I mean John invited me to the beach along with the rest of our friends including everyone to Gamzee, Sollux, Dave, and Terezi just to name a few. Strangely my brother/dancestor Kankri was there with his off again on again boyfriend/matesprit Cronus. Meanwhile Eridan and Feferi were life guards at the beach we were going to. Everything was perfect I along with Rose, Kanaya, and several others were curled up on the beach underneath our umbrellas either reading a book, knitting, or sleeping the day away, Aradia was burying Tavros under the sand while Gamzee was trying to unbury him, and once again Eridan was slacking off instead of actually doing his job while Feferi was covering for his lazy nook sniffing ass. Who knows if Eridan and Feferi were actually doing their jobs maybe they would notice if Sollux was drowning. Holy shit Sollux is drowning. 

I quickly rushed out there forgetting to put my bookmark in before running but that didn't matter because my best friend was drowning. I ran past Dave who had been pestering me for the past half hour to go out on a swim with him. Looks like he was finally going to get his wish as he ran in after me.

"Hey Karkat you finally man enough to go for that swim?" he asked.

I ignored him as I continued to swim.

"Oh I get it you're still not talking to me are you?" Dave continued to ask.

I remained silent as I noticed Dave looking at my swimming technique. 

"You know for someone who hates swimming you're actually pretty good at it," Dave complimented.

I stopped when I came across Sollux's unconscious body in the water. Dave tried to keep his poker face on but failed as he saw Sollux.

"Holy shit is this the reason you swam all the way out here?" he asked.

I replied with a short and simple yup as I struggled to drag Sollux's body back to the beach. Dave saw how much I was struggling and decided to help both Sollux and I out.

As soon we got back to the shore we plopped Sollux on the beach. I out an ear to his chest as people started to gather around us. I heard what I thought was a faint heartbeat and decided to look up and see where Eridan and Feferi were. As expected they were too preoccupied with hating each other to notice that their friend was dying on the beach. 

I feared that is was already too late we could lose Sollux at any moment if I didn't do anything. I sat up realizing that it wasn't to late that I could do something before Eridan or Feferi could get here.

Without giving it a second thought I smashed my lips against Sollux's breathing air into his unconscious body. I took a deep breath before breathing into him once more. 

Finally after many failed attempts Sollux's eyes finally opened he spit out the water trapped in his lungs and sat up. Thank God/Gog.

"Hey KK," he said.

'Hey KK' was all he had to say for himself. I cannot believe this guy I saved him from having a near death experience and that's what he has to say.

I got up from where I was sitting and walked back to my spot on the beach. Did I really just save Sollux and if so was that thanks I get?