First Quarter

There he sat, just like any other night. The difference is tonight, he just laid on the grass, without any trees stretching out to cover his view of the night sky. The fading stars due to the towering buildings of the city that emitted light brighter than the light he could see from the balled up gasses called stars.

"Is it okay if I lay next to you?" a soft voice broke his focus of the night sky.

Without even turning to look at the person asking, he replied briefly with a hum. A tone that suggested he won't mind her to lay next to him. 

"I knew I'll find you here," she said, slowly lying down next to him, looking up to the same direction he was looking. He once again replied with a hum.

One would take his reply as cold and uninviting, but she didn't feel such. Because a few days ago, he wouldn't even let out a reply. 

They both stayed in silence taking in the sounds of their surroundings. The breezy winds swaying the thin branches of trees, letting out that almost creepy melody one could only hear at night. Birds chirping timidly as they flew across the sky. The sound of passing vehicles and honking every now and then from afar was heard.

"What made you come?" he asked in an emotionless tone.

"You said to me that the moon would help me to know you better. So, I was admiring the moon from my balcony. But it felt like I was looking at a halfway done jigsaw puzzle," she said as she turned to look at him.

His bangs that ended just above his eyes, his sharp jawline, his sad eyes that looked at the sky with a piercing gaze.

"I thought that it would be better to view the moon with you," returning her gaze to the sky and admiring the half moon.

"Admiring wouldn't be my choice of words," he slightly shook his head remembering her statement.

"It just sounds as if you like the moon more than me," turning his head just the slightest and catching a glimpse of her, he returned his sight to the sky.

"Did you just..." her words stopped and she smiled ever so joyfully. Replying with a hum as if questioning on why she hung her sentence in that manner.

"What do you think of me?" randomly dropping a question what wasn't close to what she intended to ask before.

The question ran through his mind as if his brain is processing on how to solve that one dreaded mathematics question that sent him a headache. Slowly shutting his eyes, he took a deep breath and his shoulder blades brushed against the ground hard.

Simultaneously opening his eyes and letting out a big puff of air, his train of thoughts still went on full speed circling the question he threw to him.

"You don't have to answer. I gave you a big question despite knowing you might not feel much about me. Sorry," anxiousness evident in her tone.

Her wide eyes before slowly went away. Her gaze turned sad, yet it was still warm. Sad to the fact that he might still not feel the same way as she did for him. Warm due to the thought that she'll still care for him despite him changing according to the moon.

"I'm sorry if I couldn't answer with the words you really wanted to hear," apologizing as he stared at the moon.

"It's all fine. I was the one who didn't think it through," cracks in her voice clearly heard, trying hard to not feel offended.

"I think I'll stay for a few more minutes before going back. I need to wake up early tomorrow," giving an excuse to not stay and breed the sadness that is fast growing in her heart any longer.

"Stay, please," he said, stuttering. 

Turning his body to face her, he looked at her face from the side. Despite her expression being so emotionless, he saw in the warmth that still emitted from the edge of her eye. 

Bringing himself closer to her, he hugged her, awkwardly. But a hug nonetheless.

"Sehun, what are you doing?" eyes widen, she asked, shocked by his sudden action.

"Let's just stay like this. Stay with me, please," softly he said, giving a reply to him wanting her presence with him. A reply to him feeling the same way as she is, indirectly.

"You'll have a sore arm if you do hug me this way," letting out a timid chuckle from his action that she saw cute of a start of expressing himself. 

"In my heart, I can sense the feeling growing but it's just hard to express it through words and actions. However, I'm really sure I like you too, a bit," his words travelled from his mouth to her ears and his breath against her neck.

"I'm glad that you like me, Sehun. It would be hard to adapt, but well, slow steps."

He smiled and she felt it from the breath he let out while smiling.

"You'll always get to feel my love when it's time."