Ch. 7 - Bumps in the Night

Kill me? This was the last thing Birgit thought, her animal instincts kicked in – or was it full-fledged panic? Shrinking as far from the knife as she could, she kicked out at the dark haired woman crawling towards her.

She saw the head tilt to the side, the lighter’s flame flickering. “A feisty witch!” She cried in delight. “It’s been so long since I’ve had witch’s blood.”

The woman’s words had no chance to sink in to Birgit’s mind because Karau slit one of the straps of her dress. The blade lightly pierced her skin, leaving a tiny straight wound on her chest. The hand on the back of her neck loosened, and without a heartbeat of hesitation she’d launched herself to the right and out of his reach.

The woman, however, had anticipated Birgit’s movement. She followed Birgit’s movement, looping her arm around Birgit’s and yanked the poor girl to her with unnatural force. The motion slammed Birgit to the floor of the van, which at that moment took a sharp turn.

Birgit and the woman rolled, Birgit hit the wall of the van and the woman had a chance to rest her weight on her prey. Birgit rolled onto her side in time to see a menacing smile on the lips of the woman. The woman flicked out the lighter and darkness surrounded Birgit.

Birgit felt the unknown woman’s cold, feminine hand slide up her leg. Then, just below her knee, the woman pressed the still hot metal of the lighter into Birgit’s skin. Birgit howled in pain, arching her back. While she howled in pain there was a shift above her. The weight above Birgit wasn’t the delicate frame of the woman, but a thicker more ominous weight. Karau she assumed.

His hand forced her shoulder down, so she lay belly down on the bottom of the van. All she could hear was the unnaturally loud pounding of her heart, and the thrumming of the van. Beside her head Karau slammed his hand down, she felt it against her face through the vibrations of the metal floor.

She could do nothing but whimper as she felt the tip of the silver blade at the base of her thigh. Just over her new burn was a tingling sensation as the blade gently scraped her flesh, rising up her leg. Up it went; up under the skirt of her dress, up under her underwear. She felt the fabric rip and break, but the blade’s journey was unbroken.

It was up by her mid-back when the van jerked and wobbled. The blade pricked her skin but no more. “What the fuck?” The girl whined from somewhere to my left. “Did you swerve for or a cat or something, asshole?”

The blade remained pressed into her back as the van pulled to a stop. Birgit was painfully aware of all her fresh wounds, and the pool of blood growing on her back.

“What is he doing?” Karau muttered. And for the briefest of moments nothing moved, all was still and Birgit shrunk into the recesses of her mind to try and forget her pains. When they heard footsteps alongside the van Karau dug the blade into her back. “Whatever, I’ll just kill her now. Niiiice, and slow.” He drawled.

“Probably why he stopped anyways.” The girl said with an audible smirk. “Just wanted to taste her.”

Goosebumps rose up and down Birgit’s spine. Nothing they’d suggested was particularly pleasant. She was about to accept her fate when the back doors of the van flew open and a silhouetted figure jumped into the van. Birgit clenched her eyes shut against the intrusive brightness of the sun. She was grateful she didn’t see what happened next.