Hello Megan!

Garfield sighed. He missed his mom more than ever. It was her birthday today. He turned off 'Hello Megan'. It made him feel worse.
     Everything reminded him of her. How could it not? The flowers, the animals, the sky, the mud, the rain, the smiles. He'd shared so many moments with her. And she drowned.
     He should have been there. Should have dove into the water and pulled her out. He could have saved his mom, could have prevented her from dying. If he couldn't save his own mom, how could he hope to save anybody else?
     There was a knocking on his door. "Who is it?" He asked, trying to sound as cheerful as ever, and failing. "Garfield?" Megan's voice rang through the room. "Ya?" She came in, holding a tablet. "I know today is your moms birthday." He didn't bother asking how. Megan knew everything about his mother.
     It was nice, knowing his mom was famous. That even if she was dead, her memory would live on. That maybe some people, or some Martians, for that matter, might be singing along to the 'Hello Megan' theme song.
     "I wanted to ask if you wanted to watch her show with me." He nodded, feeling his eyes water up. She flew in and sat on his bed, holding the tablet up and looking for the show.
     Megan looked so much like his mom. Her hair was just the right shade of red, her freckles dotted their identical noses, the only visible difference was their skin color. He knew this wasn't an accident, but he was alright with it.
     His mom had saved Megan. She was the Martians idol. His mother had helped her through times of sadness and loneliness and hardships. He smiled. My mom was every bit the hero I am. This was a comfort.
     So when the theme started playing and his moms younger, and less dead, self ran down the stairs, he wasn't sad or regretful. He was grateful for the time he'd had with her, and wouldn't have had anything any other way.

A/N~
Sorry it was so short! Please remember to leave requests, and the more comments, the sooner the updates! I know I suck, but please bear with me. Poor Garfield! Do y'all remember the scene where he was in front of the waterfall? I seriously almost cried. Love you all!
~RGW