How could i not fall in love?

I remember the first time we met, you told me your name and we shook hands. I smiled to welcome this new friendship. I ignored the fact that you were exactly my type. Tall, strong and kind. I convinced myself that we will only ever be friends.

I remember the first time you made my heart skip a beat. You were trying to help a cat that got stuck on a tree down. You ended up with a few scratches on your face from the cat as it was, obviously frightened.

I remember tending your wounds after that. I felt my heart doing somersaults as I stared at your face. My fingers trembled as they brushed through your skin trying so hard not to make it hurt even more.

I remember the heat travelling up to my cheeks as you pat my head and thanked me. As if it was a spell, your sincere smile captivated me instantly and made my stomach flutter.

Once, I was crying over a failed job interview. I remember how you went out of your way and bought me ice cream to cheer me up even though it was in the middle of the night just because I cried through our phone call. You allowed me to lean on your shoulder and silently kept me company.

You would always put up with my antics, crazy rants and weirdness. You were always there for me; you accepted me. Just how, God, how could I not fall in love?

These feelings that I try so hard to hide  has broken free from its cage; torturing and killing me bit by bit.