Chapter-6 Food

Alyssa's P.O.V.

*Flashback*

Upon entering the kitchen, I chucked my bag by the table leg and sat at the chair. Leaning on my fist, I sighed sadly. Hearing this, my mum came into the room and walked towards me.

"Hey, what's with the frown?

There is no need to cast down

Are you having a melt down?

Do you need mummy clown?" My mum joked.

I giggled "no, I'm fine."

"Are you sure? You don't look fine. You look sad. Tell me what happened." she crouched in front of my chair searching my eyes.

"It's nothing! Don't worry about it," I said as I turned my face away.

"Now if it was nothing then why turn your face away when you know that I know when you do that you're lying to me. Hmmmm" giving the 'I told you' look.

"Urghhhhhhhhhhhhh! Fine." I puffed out, "Justin says that I have demon eyes, as if I'm not even human, and that I'm a witch because I talk to the animals in the forest and I put curses on people that talk or look at me. Then after he said that, everyone started to move away from me whenever I walked by. Then they would avoid eye contact, whispering 'Look out it's the witch if you give eye contact with her or talk to her she'll put a curse on you'" I admitted, looking down in shame.

"I see, well. Let me tell you this, everyone is unique in his or her own way. It is whether you follow the crowd and hide it. Doing so would make you a robot that they can use and control because you haven't given yourself the wheel to control your life. But you could be the person who would express their unique side and gain true friends that will appreciate you being truthful.

But remember to turn those evil comments into compliments that define how unique you are, this gains you power without violence. When they say, those comments answer 'thank you, I'm glad someone noticed my uniqueness'

Oh, and don't forget when no person will be your friend then food will" she smiled and hugged me.

When we pulled away, mum held my face in her hands and rubbed my cheeks with her thumbs. As she rubbed them reassuringly, she wiped away tears I never knew had fallen. "Thank you, mum" I hoarse out.

"Any time, if it becomes too much don't even think about taking your life because times will turn for the better even if you don't see it, it will come. I will always be there for you. And hey, don't let comments control you, but you them." She encouraged.

I nodded

"Let's go eat some ice cream and also Alyssa never ever forget this"

*Flashback over*

It was lunchtime now and I was resting my head against the one of the trees on the edge of the forest that's still on school grounds. For the first time in a long, long time, the weather has been exceptionally good and to say that about England is unheard of. (A/n: high five if your English and 'absolutely love' our weather because who doesn't like cold rainy weather.)

Today has been ok so far. Science I actually enjoyed it. (A/n: based on a true person, plus what I said about this teacher in one of the previous chapters is true.) Mr McCrab sat Leo next to me, again, as there was no other seat. I passed a note to him to say my apologies for abandoning him and making him late. To which he shook his head and chuckling he assured me it was OK.

I gazed up to the sky to search for something worth knowing.

Mum guess what food is my friend again I don't have a lot only have a Nature Valley gronola bar at least it's something.

Closing my eyes in satisfaction of the sunlight, as I was about to shut them I was stopped by the sight of Laney and the lalaloopsy's: Lydia, Sapphire, Dawn, Misty and Evie. Her gang of girls with: fake hair, fake kindness and fake faces. Strutting towards me, they each with a malicious smirk. At reaching me they circled me around the tree, caging me in dread and fear.

"Well look who it is, it's Alyssa the Witch, warning don't make direct eye contact otherwise she gonna curse you" emphasising her point by twirling her finger while having teacher tone. She definitely pleased her crowd as they all giggled.

What strikes me to my very core is that Sapphire and Evie were the once so called friends that drifted from me after everything with my mum and I happened. The saddest thing about this 'reunion' is that they stood up for after the rumour of me being a witch went around our primary school.

"I can't believe I was friends with a witch I'm glad you opened my eyes, Laney. Without you I could of ended up like her mother, the way she treats people who are kind to her is disgusting. Who knows where I would be if I was still with her?!" Evie spat.

I had nothing to do with her death; I can't bring harm to anything living without being guilty about it for months.

"Here, here. We should feel bad or be friends with someone who would even do what see did!" Sapphire added.

When have actually shown I was a killer? When did I become an evil sight to them? And, who would've thought I'd have friends that helped me through the bullying to then become one of my bully?.

"Well, I'm just glad I saved in time. This abomination should be wiped away from the earth." Laney was not smirking any more she had a full on smile of death. The same smile Andre has at times when he's going to hit me. I know now, I would not just be hit at home but at school also.

What did I do to deserve this?

"Witch get up and walk that way we need to tell you do something important with you it won't take long." Pointing to the woods, Laney kept the death smile on her face, soon the lalaloopsy's held that expression as well.

The fear of coming home to see Andre is the same as what I'm feeling right now. I'm going to only have the river left. Then what, it's going to dry up my only connection to mum that Andre doesn't know about, nor hasn't taken it away.

W-Why...Why...Why... I can't keep doing this anymore there. I can't be hit at home and at school at the same time. I can't do this. I-I can't. I need to find a way to end this.

And soon

...

***

OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMG CLIFFHANGER

Apologies for the long awaiting chapter release but here it is. Well I hoped you enjoyed. To be honest I was on the verge of tears writing this. It means a lot for people to read my book.

Comment

Vote.

Little fish girl is out.

byeeeeeee